Chapter 1

A/N: jaspar beach au, WITH PUNK/PASTEL AU AS WELL?? Fuck yea

This chapter is a bit long bc I wanted y'all to get a feeling of how this is gonna go. Enjoy

-------------------------------------------------------

"Isn't there anything we can do?" Zoe asks, leaning her head against the windshield.

Alfie shushes her from behind the wheel, knowing her stressed out self would only stress me out, and I did not need a panic attack on the very first day of our vacation.

The soft voice on the other side of the phone is still explaining to me that we read the package information wrong "so you're paying for only two people to have breakfasts at the hotel, the rest is not payed and thus you cannot eat here"

I groan, frustrated, and I hear the intake of breath from the boy. I feel bad immediately, is he so used to angry clients yelling that he already expects me to do so as well? "But, we read it on your webpage. We're all supposed to be able to have breakfast there, it's included" I say for the third time.

"I'm sorry sir" I almost laugh when he calls me sir; I am far from being old or classy enough to be considered that "But the ad says everyone gets free breakfast here if you stay for more than 12 days. You made a reservation for only 10"

"What's he saying Joe?" Jack asks from the backseat of the car, and I swat him away when he tries to get too close to me.

I continue the conversation "okay, I understand" and everyone in the car collectively groans. I hear one of the boys whisper that they shouldn't have let me handle the conservation, that of course I wasn't going to get them fee breakfast. I'm just Joe sugg, and I avoid confrontation, they say.

I gulp "Is there anything we can do tho?" I'm anxious, I can feel the anxiety crawling up my spine and my fingers feel electrified. My stomach turning, I don't want them to say I'm weak, but there truly seems like there's nothing we can do. And the soft boy who's bearing with me through this all for does not deserve to be yelled at.

He sighs, and waits for a second "Listen, you've been nice through this all, nicer than anyone else who's ever called, so I'll make you a favor" he starts

I grin, looking at my friends with a reassuring smile, longing for their approval "Really? Please tell me what we can do" I say and I hear him chuckle lightly. I briefly wonder how this boy looks like, if he's as hot as his voice "I can add you all to the list of people who can eat breakfast at the hotel, though you will have to pay a difference, but only if you either rent another room, for free of course, or extend your vacation plans" my smile does not waver when I hear this.

I know Oli and Tanya can only stay 10 days, which means Jim will also only stay for 10 days and so I do the only rational thing "Okay, I'll take the new room then"

I can hear Zoe asking what I'm going on about, and I shush her, causing the boy on the phone to try and stifle a giggle "Okay, who should I add to this new room Mr. Sugg?" And I would like to correct him, ask him to calm me Joe only. But my friends would never let me live that down, so I don't say anything.

"Just me, it's okay" I say and I hear him typing out my info, he's softly humming to himself. I wonder if this boy is as cute as his humming.

I hang up after he gives me a cheery goodbye, and thanks me for not yelling at him. I laugh, immediately regretting it because now my friends will know I enjoyed this conversation more than I should, and my anxiety peaks up.

Luckily, in able to distract them from the laugh by explaining the situation. Phil shakes his head, claiming that I shouldn't have to be alone just because the couples wanted to have breakfast together.

Said couples give Phil a disapproving look, but it quickly changes when Oli speaks up "He's right, this isn't a romantic escapade, it's a friends get away"

Zoe huffs, but agrees with him nevertheless and they decide to talk to the hotel again when we get there.

"I thought we were only doing this to piss Conor off" Jack jokes, reminding us all that his brother is working at the hotel and that he cannot spend the vacations with us.

The whole car burst into giggles, but I'm disappointed.

All this for nothing then, I think. But some other thought pops in my mind, and before I know it I'm opening my mouth "I'll go make the changes again then"

None of them question it, they do not know I have more than one reason to go there.

I'm adding this to the list of things I want to do at the beach: find the boy who solved my problem and decide whether he's as cute as his humming or as hot as his thick accent makes me believe.

The road trip drags on. I'm not a fan or road trips, especially when they're this crowded, but these are my friend and is easier to have fun around them.

"And I kid you not, they shit themselves right then and there" Mikey said, and a wave of 'ugh's and 'No's followed suit. I laughed so hard, for a second I thought I was going to shit myself.

Jim chipped in "How did you even met this shitter guy?" And to that Mikey laughed, trying hard to get himself heard above all the laughter "When did I say it was a guy?"

My head rolled back, laughter escaping me and making my body shake so bad, my stomach hiring so much it brought tears to my eyes.

Jack leaned forward "it was a chick?" He asked, a half smile on his mouth.
"Nah it was actually a dude" Mikey answered, and somehow that made the whole thing funnier. During the rest of the trip, I didn't think of the boy at the hotel.

Not until we arrived at said hotel. And fuck me, it was enormous. Various buildings colored a soft lilac hovered above us, vines making their way up its various flights and Windows.

And I was mesmerized when I saw the vegetation: big plants with numerous tropical flowers of all colors decorated the entrance, giving it a fairytale look. I noticed right away that big posts were hidden all around, decorated as trees. Where the leaves should've been, I could see bulbs of light.

I added it to my list to come check this out when night rolled in. I'm sure this looks magical when the sun is down.

Jack leaned forward, much too close again "This looks amazing, don't you think" I nodded in agreement, not daring to move around and face him. I knew that would put our faces inches apart from each other.

"I bet this place has the best bar ever" I told him, and he chuckled.

"I get it does, shall we check it out tonight?" I could feel his breath on my ear, and it tickled my skin. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Alfie looking our way.

"Maybe. I wanted to go surf at night tho, I've heard that option is available. They put lights in the beach, and aim them at you so you can see the waves" I rambled, not wanting to turn him down.

Jack was like this, I had known for a while that his feelings towards me weren't exactly platonic, and I found him very hot. A part of me hoped we'd hook up during this get away, another hoped he hooks up with someone else and gets over me for once and for all.

He smiled "it's a date then!" I turned towards him, putting as much space between us as possible "a date?" I asked. No, I did not fancy going on a date with him. I was not going to lead him on, I was just in for meaningless fucking. Nothing else.

His eyes flickered to where Dan Howell was staring silently at us "Not like that you idiot" he laughed and I relaxed, turning to the window again. He leaned in once more, much to my displeasure, and muttered "that kind of date will happen later on"

I tensed. I could either lead him on and fuck him senseless as I had always wanted to, or I could tell him that all I wanted was for him to suck my dick and let him decide if he wanted to take me out on a date afterwards.

I pondered over this, biting my lip ever so slightly and playing with my piercings. Yeah, saying the truth was the way to go. But before I could say anything, someone else spoke up.

"Welcome to Paradise Beach, do you mind getting out of the car so we can take your luggage?"