Chapter 34

Khaleyah

It was now the end of June and I was back at home in Detroit for the Summer, Lucas finally had his own place, Marcus Proposed to Lamia and Mikey has a girlfriend now named Madison, I've met her a few times before and she was coming over for dinner tonight.

Lucas, Ms.Celine, My Mom and I were all sitting around Ms.Celine's kitchen island planning Lucas and I birthday party, since our Birthdays are A day apart, our parents thought it was a good idea to have a big party for us. It was gonna be a barbecue.

Ms.Celine sat across from Lucas who sat to the right of me while my Mom sat across from me next to Ms.Celine.

"Okay so cake?" My Mom asked looking up from her Pad and pen.

"Of course we want cake mom" I smiled.

"Yup can't forget the cake" Lucas agreed.

"I know sillies but what kind?"

"Marble" Me and Lucas said in unison. We looked at each other smiling. That was totally unexpected.

"Jinx" We said at the same time.

"Jinx again" we yelled.

"Okay you two love birds that's cute and all but we gotta get back to planning this birthday party" His mom said with a smile and a chuckle.

"So Marble it is" My Mom smiled and Wrote it down on her piece of paper.

"And Pink , Blue and white Napkins, Balloons, paper plates and plastic forks and spoons" Ms.Celine added to the list.

Lucas grabbed one of my curls and started slowly pulling at it, he let go and it popped back into place. He repeated.

I turned on my Stool grabbing one of his curls doing the same thing.

He looked at me and smiled as I smiled at him. We took turns pulling at each other's  curls as our moms talked amongst themselves.

"Okay y'all can go now y'all ain't no help" My Mom asked interrupting our Laughing fit. We turned to there inpatient faces.

"Are you sure Mama?" I asked.

"Yes, We got it from here" Ms.Celine Chimed in.

I shrugged hopping down from my stool. "Okay" Since Lucas was tall all he had to do was stand up.

We walked outside onto the porch. Lucas took a seat on the porch swing, He grabbed my Wrist as I tried walking past him to take a seat and pulled me down onto his lap.

I giggled as he wrapped his arms around my Waist.

"Whatchu gettin me for my birthday punk?" He asked leaving kisses down my neck.

"I'm not telling you foo" I said trying to Swat his lips away from my neck.

"I know what Imma get you for your birthday... " His lips moved to my ear. "Imma give you this di-"

"Luke, Leyah can y'all run to the grocery store and get the food for dinner tonight? " My asked coming out of the house.

We looked up at her. I quickly nodded. "Uh yeeah"

She smiled. "Thank ya Loves." She went back into the house.

"She almost heard you ya idiot" I laughed hitting his chest.