Ch. 1 The Escape

I push my way through the crowd, trying to get by desperately without being noticed by anyone who would ask where as I was heading.

Keeping my head low and occasionally letting a small smile creep onto my face as I pass friends dancing away. I shimmy around the dance floor, quickly heading towards the exit.

The lights, bright and gold dangling from the ceiling which seems to be universes away. Women dressed in ball gowns fancy enough to visit the Queen in. I too, was dressed in a white lace gown with gold sparks hugging my torso.

Finally I make my way up to my room. My family is constantly throwing these huge parties which always seem to showcase their success and wealth. My step-sisters adore the attention they receive 24/7.

Also allow me to remind you they aren't my real sisters. After I was born, my mother was killed in an attack formed by my family's rivalry against the Styles.

I've only once seen a Styles. It's almost been 11 years now.

{ FLASHBACK }

I was sitting out on the balcony outside my room, admiring a small butterfly that decided to pay me a visit today. It was mid-summer. A beautiful time to sit outside and soak up all the warmth and happiness radiating off this day. Running my fingers through my golden hair, reaching to the small of my back, I could have sworn I saw something move down below in the gardens. Through curiosity, I slowly, carefully, peeked my head over the ledge and snuck a glance down. Nothing was there. As I was about to turn my back...something moved behind the fountains. As it peeked its head over I could see clearly now it was a boy. He looked about my age. Once realizing he has been spot, he stepped out from the fountain. As done so, i could easily make out he was not from this part of town. This boy seemed... Different. He intrigued me. He had dark unruly hair, with piercing eyes. Even though from this far away I couldn't make out the color, and oh how I wish I could see that color with my own eyes, I could still feel the intensity radiating off them as they seemed to look right through me. As if he knows something I don't. Just as quick as he showed himself, he disappeared. Gone in an instant.

Later on that day, I over heard a guard noticing my Father about an intruder today. Classified as a "Styles". It was then I knew, the boy with the piercing eyes... Was a Styles.

{ END OF FLASHBACK }

I've never seen that boy again after that day. I would have known if I had, I still dream about those eyes. Every night, when my mind is souring about in a mystical world unknown... He's always there. Sometimes I feel as if its a magical world just made for us. Never was one word pasted from my lips to his, but I feel like I know him. It's like a gravitational pull, and he's always there. Standing with those captivating irises in the back of my head waiting for me to close my eyes just once to reveal himself.

For as long as the family trees go back our two family's have always hated each other. Before my mom was killed, it was just her, my dad, and I. She wasn't suppose to go. The bullet was aimed for me. What else would be a better way to break down the Montacagos then to kill off their first daughter? But they missed me in her arms and went straight into her heart. I still blame myself for that everyday. If they would have just gotten me, she would still be here.

My dad soon remarried when I was 4 to the devil in a women form. Evelyn. Her name even sounds evil.

And that's where my step-sisters come in.

First there's Lucy Ann. Then there's Amelia. And lastly there's Spark and Gabriella. They're twins. And honestly, they put the stupid into being blonde.

I was named after my Mother, Annabelle Grace. The youngest out of everyone. I'm just a writer. Preserved, as you could say. I don't enjoy all the boasting of our wealth, or the fancy parties, or the maids. My dad says I'm just like my mom. My eyes. My hair. My writing. My pure heart.

Sometimes I like to let my mind just drift away to a place unknown to the human eyes... Where butterfly's roam free, and hearts are able to soar high exploring every crease and crevice it crosses. And there's no restriction, nor rivalries.

But as everyone knows, every high has to reach its breaking point. And that point.. Is now.

"WHERE IS ANNABELLE!?"