Freak accident and nightmares

Lauren's POV

'MOMMY!'

Camie's screams fill my ears and echo through my head. Tears spring to my eyes as the car screeches to a halt. I fall to my knees and quickly the tears started cascading down my cheeks. I held DJ close in my arms as I sob uncontrollably. I can hear murmurs and gasps all around us and voices all around us. But nothing prepared me for the angelic voice I heard next

"There, there babygirl. You're okay. I've got you". Wait that voice, I've heard that voice before "you shouldn't run out on the road without your mommy little one"

My head snaps up and more tears flood down my face. I can't believe my eyes. There, standing in front of me, was that woman inside the fair holding a petrified Camie in her arms.

"Is everyone okay?" The driver of the car asked " yeah, just a little shaken up" the woman replies

I immediately stand up and run over "Camie, baby" Camie squirms out of her arms and runs towards me. I bend down with DJ in my arms and engulf her in a suffocating hug.

"Mommy" Camie cries into me

More tears spill down my face as I realise what she calls me. " Camie oh my babygirl. What were you thinking, I told you to stand still" I cried out, holding both my girls close to me.

"I-I-i so-so-sowwy mommy" was all she could say. "Camie scawe me" DJ said as she cried into Camie

"I saw her start to run towards the road, little ones are quick" the women replied. My babygirls saviour'

I stand up as Camie clings to my waist "thankyouthankyouthankyou" I bawl, enveloping the woman into a hug "you're a hero"

The woman reciprocates my hug "No. I'm just a mother as well" she retorts as we separate.

"No you're my hero, and I can't thank you enough. If it weren't for you, Camie could have..." I gulped, I didn't want to say it, images of my Camie lying lifeless on the ground consume my thoughts "I'm forever indebted to you. Me and my little ones will forever be thankful" I say as I wipe my tears "I'm Lauren" I reach to shake her hand

She smiled "Ally" she said as she wiped her own tears "I'm Ally"

"Well Ally, my family are forever indebted to you" I gently hold Camie's hand head in my hand "there must be some way I can thank you"

"No, I'm just glad your babygirl is okay. That's more than enough for me. I couldn't imagine what would happen if I were in your position"
New tears well up as I engulf her in another hug

"Ok folks, I am glad everyone is alright, and there was no freak accidents. Ladies I'm going to need you to move off the road, so we can let the traffic flow" a security guard said. Looking around, the driver of the car asked if we're okay "yes, yes thank you" was all we said before we moved to the pathway and he drove off.

"Momma!!! Are you okay" Ally's little girl came running, hugging her. "Yeah baby, I'm fine. Look this is Lauren and Camie and.."
"DJ" I say "... And DJ, remember from inside the fair"

"Yes" she answered shyly "is Camie and DJ okay?"

"Yeah, they're just a little shaken up" I say rubbing their backs "what's your name sweetheart?" She hid her face in Ally's neck but manage to mumble loud enough for us to hear " Normani"

"Well Normani your momma is a hero and you're very lucky to have a hero as a momma. I'd like to invite you and your momma back to our house for tea. So I can properly thank the both of you" I say looking at Ally with hopeful eyes