Chapter Two

FRIDAY

“Rochelle, come on!” “No Charlie, I’m really busy and I can’t go over your house right now.” Charlie fought with Rochelle’s hand’s trying to drag her along with her. “Rochelle what’s wrong with you? We hang out almost every day, and you’ve been avoiding me like the plague.” Charlie frowned finally letting her arms and hand’s go. Rochelle rubbed her wrists and arms that Charlie had been clutching for the past 15mintues. ,”I’m not avoiding anybody, I’m just busy.”

Charlie threw her backpack down.  ,”BUSY DOING WHAT!? “ Rochelle examined her red wrists. ,”Things..” “Things? Things? Liv? When you feel like you can tell me what’s going on, you come to me, I’m tired of chasing after you.” Rochelle looked up to see Charlie’s face flushed with anger and frustration. “Char-“ Charlie held up her hand. ,”I don’t want to hear it, go finish doing your things.. whatever they could be.” Rochelle frowned watching Charlie grab her bag and slide in her car before pulling off out of sight.

Rochelle fiddled with the tips of her hair walking in the opposite direction. Rochelle felt her phone buzz.

From Tre:

Rochelle… why aren’t you talking to me, text me?

Rochelle rolled her eyes clicking on Charlie’s name instead

To Bestie

Charlie, I’m sorry.

From Bestie

You are much too busy do your things to text, Liv

Rochelle groaned turning back around to walk to Charlie’s house so they could talk. “ I can’t even tell her.” “She thinks Jurnee and Tre are the perfect couple, and it’s just like me to screw up anything good.” “I’m soo stupid.”  Rochelle mumbled to herself turning the corner towards Charlie’s house. “Tre doesn’t even like me.”  “why won’t I listen.” “Listen to what?” Rochelle jumped looking at Tre. Rochelle eyed his wear.  He must have been jogging. No shirt, just sweats. Rochelle pushed passed him feeling him grab her waist. “Rochelle, why are you avoiding my calls and texts.”