Chapter 9

*Catherine's P.O.V.*

"Thank you very much for looking after my son," Freddie's dad, Mr. Tomlinson, shook my hand after paying me for my service.

"No problem," I casually said and waved them goodbye.

I walked back in the living room, where my brothers were studying History.

"Cat, I can't learn this stuff. It's hard," Max pouted.

"He's just stupid. I have already learned it!" Jake rolled his eyes.

"Jake!" I squealed. "Your brother is not stupid! Go to your room now. And if you say anything like that again, there will be no video games for a week."

"Whatever," he stood up and left the room.

"Max, why don't you try writing down some keywords? That way, if you get stuck while telling the lesson to yourself, you can glance at them and move on easily."

"Okay, I will try," he nodded sadly, thanking me.

"If you can't learn it like that, either, call me to help you, okay?" I stood up and walked to the kitchen, leaving him alone.

"Yeah, I can. Tomorrow? At four? That's great. Thanks," I heard Hayden talking on the phone. I went to the fridge and got myself a bottle of water.

"You found a job?" I asked him once he hang up.

"Grass cutting at four," he informed me with a relatively sad smile. "Did the lawyer send you the email?"

"Yeah, but I didn't have time to read it," I said as Max walked in.

"I think I am doing better," he said referring to his history lesson. Thank you so much, Cat!" He quickly came to my side and hugged me.

"Aw, Max," I chuckled hugging him back. "You're welcome, little man." I smiled.

"I still need to learn a small paragraph and then I'm going to bed," he informed me and taking off running towards the living room.

I noticed that Hayden had come closer and with a smooth move he took my hand in his and squeezed it.

"You're the best sister they could ask for," he told me.

Am I? I mean, I did all I could to be sure that they had a normal life. I wanted them to have everything and not feel different from the others, because of our parents' death. But I don't feel like I am doing my best... We don't always talk about their problems, we don't do stuff together... I'm too busy and I am missing out from bonding with them.

"Let's read that email now," he changed the subject after watching my emotional state.

I silently opened my laptop and typed in my password. I looked through my emails and opened the one that was from Mr. Crawford.

'Ten Millio, Harpers' was the title of the email.

"What kind of name is Ten?" I asked him. "And who is that anyway?"

"It's like Ben Ten," he said jokingly, making both of us burst out laughing.

I started reading.

"Mr. Harper was the owner of Ohana, a five-star hotel located in Jamaica. Last year, in 2016 Mr. Harper passed away, having a terrible heart attack in his sleep.

His wife, Mrs. Harper, since she wasn't positive about managing such a hotel on her own, decided to sell it for a good forty million dollars.

During her -apparently- last year on her own, she traveled around the USA helping people in need. The cost of her journey including the funding she did to some organisations reached thirty million dollars. Unfortunately, during her last journey she was taken to the hospital with a bad flu. Mrs. Harper knew that that hospital would be her last stop. She hired lawyers and experts and made a daring decision to find her biological son. After a lot of research, she found out Mr. Jones had died in a car accident along with his wife, leaving behind their three children, to whom Mrs. Harper decided to leave her last ten million dollars. A couple months later, she passed away too.

Catherine Lucille Jones, Maxwell Oscar Jones and Jacob Nathaniel Jones inherit ten million dollars from their biological grandparents of their father's side."

I looked at Hayden with wide, watery eyes. This can't be happening. It must be a joke.

We stayed silent, not knowing what to say. My grandparents' story was so dramatic and I couldn't help but have flashbacks from the day I found out about my parents. Should I be happy ot sad? That was a lot of money, no kidding.

"I guess Ten Millio wasn't anyone's name after all," Hayden spoke up still awestruck.

I chuckled going in for a hug. "I can't believe this..." I whispered in his ear.

"I guess you won't be needing me here any more," he sighed, breaking the hug. I could clearly see the sadness in both his eyes and words.

"Are you freaking kidding me?" I punched his stomach lightly. "You are not going anywhere. You are a part of the family now," I laughed watching his scared expression.

*Tyler's P.O.V.*

"I want to go to Cat's house!" my sister cried loudly.

"Elsa," I rubbed her back to calm her down. "It's late. Cat is sleeping now."

"Don't call her Cat! Only her friends call her Cat!" she hit me.

"Okay, okay. Enough," I said and put her down on my bed.

She had come to my room crying at eleven in the evening, asking me to drive her to her bestie's house. Me, like the -still- sane person I am, refused, but she started crying more.

"Let's see... How about we call her tomorrow and ask her if she wants to join us at the park? I will buy you ice cream," I suggested.

"Will you buy ice cream for my bestie too?" She sniffed wiping her teardrops away from her cute chubby cheeks.

I sighed. "Yes."

"Yay!" She cheered and ran back to her bedroom.

The things I do for my little sister...