Mccoy/Bones

This is my first attempt at a reader insert so bear with me, I hope you enjoy it!

"Damnit Jim! Put that down or I will give you another hypo!" You heard a southern voice yell as you walked into sickbay. It was your first day as a nurse on the Enterprise and you were ready to meet the doctor you would be working with.

You saw a man sitting on a bed looking scared before he quickly put down a vial of some kind. He started looking around looking bored before he noticed you.

"Hello there, and who might you be?" He asked with a flirty smile.

"I'm (y/n)(l/n), I'm starting as a nurse today," You  answered with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jim Kirk, the captain," He said reaching out to shake your hand. You were surprised this cute and cheeky man was the captain.

"Jim you better not have messed anything up while I was gone because I will give you another hypo on the spot!" The southern voice form earlier said. You looked at the source of the voice to see a very attractive man who had an annoyed expression.

"Bones I didn't do anything, except I met your new nurse," Jim said while gesturing to you. The other man stopped in his tracks and looked over at you.

"Hello, I'm Leonard McCoy but some people call me Bones, you must be (y/n). It's nice to meet you. Did Jim give you a hard time, I can hypo him if he did!" He says in that adorable southern accent.

"It's nice to meet you too. He didn't give me a hard time, no need for extra hypos today," You said with a smile. Jim cheered a little while Leonard looked sad he didn't get to hypo the captain. Leonard pointed you in the direction of the other nurses and told you to have one of them show you around while he finished up with Jim. As you walked away you heard them talking quietly.

"She's really cute," Jim said, making you blush.

"Nope, you are not going to use your flirty captain ways on her, she's too nice for you to dump after one night," Leonard told him.

"So what, are you going to date her then?" Jim asked with a suggestive tone in his voice.

"I think I might at some point," Leonard told him. Making you blush even more than before.

"Alright Bones, why don't I just help you quicken up the process," He turned towards you before yelling "Hey (y/n), Bones wants to have dinner with you tonight!"

You turned around and looked at a smirking Jim and a bright red Leonard who was shooting daggers at Jim beside him.

"I would love to go to dinner with you Leonard, I'll see you at rec. room 4 at 7?" You said with a big smile. Leonard nodded and you turned away, happy you got such a cute date on your first day of work.

"Ow! What was that for?" You head Jim scream behind you. You glanced back to see him rubbing a spot that you assumed Leonard had just hypoed.

"You asked her out for me you idiot," Leonard grumbled at Jim even though he was pretty happy, he had a date with a gorgeous new girl that night.