xviii. GOODNIGHT

Occasionally Bucky would get home late from work. I mean really late. By that time you would already be asleep or at least in bed and the one time Bucky does not want to mess with you is when you are completely comfortable in bed.

So one night when Bucky returned late and you were in a bad mood you thought it was reasonable to give him the cold shoulder.

"Baby, are you still awake?" Bucky whispers, creeping into your room as quietly as possible. You huff and turn from your position so you are no longer facing where he entered and you hear his amused chuckle. "Come on, doll. Don't be mad."

You hear Bucky undress beside the bed and you feel the mattress slump as he climbs into your bed.

He slings his human arm around you and attempts to pull you closer but you shuffle away. At this point, you were enjoying this too much to drop the act.

Bucky uses his arm to support him as he sits up so he can look at you, despite the fact that you had turned away from him. He brings his hand up to your hair and gently pushes some strands back. "I promise I won't be late again." Bucky moves closer to you as he speaks and you feel his warm breath fan your face as he continues to play with your hair. He presses a kiss to your temple before gently pulling you towards him.

You give in and turn to face him and he grins happily. "There's my girl, smiling for once." He kisses your nose and you scrunch up your face.

"Goodnight, Buck."

"Night, doll."