I don't want to be Different

It was my thirteenth birthday and the day that I had looked forward to for a long time.

Since I was a young age.....I was different.....I possessed a 'gift' which only a fraction of the human race are aware of.....only a fraction know how to control it.

I had hurt a lot of people.....the power to transport my thoughts into another person would seem to be a good thing.....but not all my thoughts were good......and for every bad thought.....something bad happened.

MY mother is a Doctor and has been studying the problem contained within me......I wanted this gift to be removed from me and today I was to become a normal girl......the start of my teenage years and I was looking forward to entering puberty and experiencing all the good and bad that it brought.

"Lay down on the bed please Rebecca"

I sat down and watched as mother fitted straps across my stomach.

"Just a precaution......as the thoughts are extracted it will leave only the bad ones......then they can be removed too"

"Im scared mother"

"I know.....but you want to be normal so it must be done"

She moved over to me after fixing the bonds.

"Now I need to inject a calming fluid inside of you"

A tiny pinprick and I was unconscious.....or so she thought.

Mother turned to Ana.

"Have you isolated the gene?"

"Yes I have"

"Good.......Rebecca cannot afford to lose this power that she has.....it must be nurtured and used against Leah"

I could hear what was being said but was powerless to do anything.....so my mother was planning to use my power instead of remove it....I tried to fight against my bonds but nothing was happening......it was as though I was not actually here.

*

I opened my eyes.

"Hello Rebecca.....the operation was a glorious success"

"I don't feel any different"

"You are and always will be different"

I didn't know it at the time but when I woke up later.....all my positive emotion had been removed.

*

"Ok Dawn.....thats how it all started but it got much worse.....Rebecca didn't intend taking my telepathic ability....but she was forced to try...and she nearly succeeded"

"Do you know how she lost the ability?"

"Rebecca went to prison and the drugs removed her ability...that's all I know....how do you feel, knowing all this?"

"As though someone has kicked me in the stomach"

"Im sorry Dawn"

"You don't have to be sorry"

"How does this make you feel about Rebecca"

"I love her.....that will not change"

We shared a hug.

"Do you want to go upstairs and see her?"

"Yes.....I think I will do that"

"Are you going to confront her about all this?"

"Rebecca will tell me if she thinks it is important to"

I watched as Dawn went up the stairs.......I had not told anyone that my telepathic ability had started to grow in strength....I read her mind and saw no malice.......unfortunately I had no one to be able to remove or exploit my own special gift.....I wondered how long it would be before it became dangerous.

**Please note...the next chapter has been made private by wattpad so if you are not following me then you will be unable to read it**