Chapter1

<<<THE PHONE CALL>>>

I was in Georgia. I received a phone call from Stefan. "Hey Stefan. You haven't called me since you ran off with Klaus. Everything okay?" I wasn't mad at Stefan for running with Klaus.

"Hey (y/n). Um Elena turned her humanity off." He was worried "She's doing things that I know she will regreat later."

I nodded."Alright. Well I'll make the drive up there." I hung up.

<<<PRESENT TIME>>>

I just crossed the border into Mystic Falls. I decided to stop at the grill before I went to the Salvatore boarding house. I opened the door and walked in. I saw caroline. I whispered. "Hello Care." I smiled. She turned around.

"(Y/n)!" She ran at human speed to me and hugged me. "Your back."

I nodded. "Yeah, Stefan called about Elena. Why did she turn it off?"

"Because her brother just died and Rick." She explained everything to me.

We caught up. I left after an hour of chitchat with Caroline. I drove to the boarding house. I knew Stefan was home. I grabbed my backpack and walked in. I sat my bag in the living room. I looked around. "Stefan?" I walked towards the basement door.

"(Y/n). It's good to see you again." Damon said with a smile.

I rolled my eyes." Where's Stefan?" Damon got on my nerves.

"Basement." When he said that. I pushed him out of the way and went downstairs. I found Stefan looking into the cell he had he also had vervain in there.

"Stefan. Not a very good way to greet an old friend." I walked up beside him.

He smiled. "It's good to see you again (y/n)." he gave me a hug.

"So how long has she had it off?" He looked at me.

"A couple months." I nodded I opened the door and walked in.

"Elena. Wake up. You have a visitor." She looked up at me with anger. "Oh. That makes me sad. Tell me Elena why did you turn it off?"

"I couldn't handle the pain anymore. I kept losing people." She had that look on her face that says 'my humanity is pecking through cant you see.' "But I don't care anymore. I don't even care about You. I can rip your throat out."

I untied her. "Okay. Do it." I wasn't scared I knew she would try. She ran up and bite me but released quickly. "Vervain. Elena everytime you say something like that you'll blood with a whole lot of vervain in it." Stefan opened the door and let me out. He gave me a little blood to heal the bite she gave me. She bite me just right so I would have bleed out in about 30 minutes so. I went up stairs. Damon seen the blood on my neck.

"What she bite you?" He smiled.

"Shut up." I went to the Kitchen.