His Proposal - 22

Jai's Pov

After Chloe signed the papers I watch her walk out of my office and down the stairs. She shakes hands with the new bar manager and she looks at the camera.

She knows that I'm keeping an eye on things from my office.

I watch as a guy slips his number to her. She puts the money in the till and leaves the phone number on the counter. She serves another customer and this time I see a wrapper on the money.

I'm going to kill that guy. He shouldn't be giving her stuff like that.

Pushing out of my seat I run down the stairs to make sure that guy doesn't leave a condom with my employee.

Chloe steps in the way. "Jai, let it go."

Shaking my head, I say. "That guy needs to learn a lesson."

"Not, tonight." She whispers. "Go to your office. I'm fine here. You don't need to go all caveman."

I'm not acting like a caveman.

Looking at the stairs. "I'm not going back to the office. I'm going to help you serve the customers and get you back to the hospital."

She walks behind the bar and serves more customers. When the group leaves I move over to her. "You can go on your break. Call your sister and see how she's doing?"

She hugs me. "Thanks, Jai." She pulls her phone out and walks into the staffroom. She closes the door.

At the bar, I serve customers until Chloe returns from making the phone call.

Kye walks over. He stands next to me. "Why are you going easy on the girl? She's not going to learn if you keep protecting her."

Looking at him. "I need to protect her. There are things about her that you don't know. She makes me want to protect her. She's revealed some things to me that shouldn't be passed around."

He crosses his arms. "I hope you don't regret this. Do you remember the last co-worker you got involved with?"

Of course, I do.

She tried to take me for millions. What she didn't know was that I had files upon files about the type of person she was. I don't trust people, but when it comes to Chloe it's a different story. She wanted to protect her loved ones. That's something I can't fault in her.

Chloe exits the room with a smile on her face. She walks over to me. "Aleysa's allowed to leave the hospital tomorrow and she wants to go to a garden. She asked me if I could invite you." she pauses for a second. "Would you like to come with us?"

I smile. "Sure, what about your brother?"

She looks at her phone. "I think he'd prefer to go to school. I should call him though and give him a choice. Do you mind if I make a phone call?"

"Go ahead."

She walks back into the staffroom.

"Hey," A guy yells. "Can I get a drink? I've been waiting here for five minutes while you talked to that bitch."

Walking over to the bar I wrap my fist in the guy's shirt. I pull him towards me. "Never call her that." I push him away and he lands on the ground.