15: Not What It Seems.

You got me scattered in pieces
Shining like stars and screaming
Lighting me up like Venus
But then you disappear and make me wait
And every second's like torture.
---
Selena's POV

How could I be so stupid?

To believe his sweet lies all over again. Of course he couldn't be faithful, why did I ever think he could be? He puts on a good show every damn time. I'm sucked in and believe he's changed and somehow this time, I really did believe he was different.

I smushed my face into the pillow, letting out a few more tears. I'd tried to stop crying, I really had but I couldn't stop. My phone buzzed in my hand and I opened the text message I had received from Taylor.

Taylor: Me and you, coffee at lunchtime.

I smiled at her text but then frowned. She was right about Justin. She would be the one picking up the pieces yet again. I felt guilty for ever dragging her into the tragedy which is my relationship with Justin. Even though we fell out, she still always had my best interests at heart and I couldn't ask more of a best friend.

I quickly tapped out a response to Taylor, agreeing to meet her. I at least needed to show publicly that I wasn't phased by this Justin and Hailey situation, even though, I was broken inside.

But, I needed to keep my head held high.

My heart was heavy as I attempted to pull myself out of bed, but was only dragged down further by the comfort that was my tour bus bed. My eyes were sore from all the tears, I dread to think what I look like.

A knock came at the tour bus door, I didn't have the energy to get up and answer it, so I didn't bother. It was probably some expensive bullshit Justin sent to win my forgiveness.

Change the record.

To my surprise the door opened and I heard somebody come in. Looking up out of my bed, I saw my Mom. Relief ran through me. I almost smiled.
"Selena sweetie, I saw the pictures." Mom said as she rushed over to me. I was glad when my Mom enveloped me in a warm embrace. There was nothing that brought me more comfort than a Mom hug. She didn't say anything, she just held me close as I sobbed. She wrapped her arms around me as she sat next to me on the bed, rocking forward and backwards with me in her arms.

I felt safe.