Chapter Two

Im extremely obsessed w House of memories by P!ATD and im dying bc ill get sick of it eventually bc its all i listen to
-------

Harry tossed and turned.
His eyelids would not surrender to sleep. Not at all.

Mainly because his thoughts were racing... and the fact that he was tired of having nightmares.

He sighed, it's nearly seven AM anyway. Might as well get up.

Harry grunted, swinging his legs over the bed and standing to his feet.

His legs felt weak, due to lack of food... and his stomach felt as though it was going to eat itself.

But he ignored it.

He changed out of his pajamas and into his actual clothes, afterwards making his way towards the door quielty- though he didnt know why... there were hardly any Gryffindor's here... especially in his year.

He quickly made his way through the fat lady painting, and towards the dining hall, book in hand.

He wasn't planning on eating anything, just to read. He felt more... comfortable, in the dining hall.
Hopefully someone would be awake, because the only reason he was going to the dining hall was due to the fact he felt better if there was one or two people around.

The constant feeling of being lonely nagged and nagged at him, and he hated it. He tried to think of any way possible to shake it off.

He would try to go flying, on his broomstick, but it was far too cold... and he didnt feel like catching frostbite today.

He finally made his way to the dining hall, sighing in relief when he saw two ravenclaws at their table, and a few hufflepuffs at their own.
Though, he scowled once he realized Malfoy was sitting at the slytherin table, eating some type of food while reading.

Atleast im not alone.

He sat down in his usual spot, in the middle of the long table, and openend his book.

He ignored the food that was laid out before him, even though his stomach was begging him to eat at least a biscuit, and began reading the book Hermione lent him.

He didnt get too far into the book when a presence took place beside him, "What's the point in being in the dining hall if you aren't going to eat, Potter?" Malfoy questioned, though his words lacked emotion.

"I'm not hungry. And I have no other place to be." Harry snapped, not taking his gaze off the book, even though he so desperately wanted to glare at malfoy.

How did Hermione do it? Keep her focuse on a book when someone was speaking to her?

Though, Draco could see past his little façade.
He saw that Harry has barely eaten since school has started- and he noticed an unhealthy amount of weight come off the boy.

He was surprised his friends didnt notice -- though, maybe they did. He wouldnt know.

"Are you starving yourself, potter?" Draco questioned half-heartedly.

"No. And if I was, I most certainly wouldn't tell you." Harry hissed, tearing his gaze off the book to meet Malfoys.

To Harry's surprise, it almost looked as if Draco was concerned for him, but the look quickly vanished within a blink of his eyes.

I must be going mad. Harry thought to himself, shaking his head.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be, Malfoy?" Harry questioned, his glare hardening.

"Not really." Draco responded, picking a biscuit off one of the trays, "Pansy and Blaise are still sleeping. Theres no one other than you to pick on, so no. I don't."

Harry groaned, "listen, Malfoy. As much as I love your company," Harry said, sarcasm dripping off his words like toxic, "I want to read my book."

"Really?" Draco questioned, taking a bite out of the biscuit, making Harrys stomach growl quietly, "you can read?"

Harry rolled his eyes, "fine, I'll go." He snapped.

Though he really didnt want to, he felt less lonely, talking to someone... even though that someone was Malfoy.

It felt... comforting.

Harry ignored his stomachs plea as he stood up, only to be tugged down by Malfoy.

"What do you want." Harry hissed sharply.

"Eat something."

"I told you, I wasnt hungry. I have no appetite." As if right on que, his stomach growled, loud enough for Draco to hear.

"That," he pointed to Harry's stomach, "doesn't sound like nothing. Why aren't you eating, potter?"

He so desperately wanted to share why he wasnt eating or sleeping, or why he felt so depressed, but he couldn't. Especially not to Draco.
He didnt want to show any sign of weakness.
Especially infront of Draco.

Harry smirked, "I lost my appetite after looking at your face."

"It's funny, I didn't know I had a mirror attached to my face." Draco snapped. "But seriously, Potter, why aren't you eating."

Harry realized Dracos hand was still holding his upper arm, and he immediately shrugged it off.

"Why do you care? You hate me, remember?" Harry snapped, "did someone poison you? How many fingers am I holding?" He put two fingers up infront of Draco's face, in which Draco swatted away.

"It's no fun to pick on you when you're starving yourself. You have no energy to fight back--"

"I'm not starving myself." Harry snarled, "now if you'd excuse me..." Harry stood up, putting his book between his elbow and side and sticking his hands into his pants pockets, walking away.

••••

You have no idea, Harry. How much I care for you-- I don't know why. It just happened.

Harry... that name suddenly sounds nice to me. Medolic.
In my head, of course. It sounds twice as good coming out of my mouth...

Why am I thinking about you so much? Why are you taking over my thoughts?

You're making it near impossible to think straight.
Let alone throw good comebacks at you.

Why?