Twenty-seven

Your POV

Mark looks at me, a pained expression on his face.

"I wonder why he's done this..." I say quietly, "Do you know..?"

He looks away knowingly, "Yeah.. and I have a feeling you wouldn't like it too much."

I raise my eyebrows in question, but then he slaps my arm softly and points to the wall, signaling that they're about to speak.

A sobbing Signe breaths deeply, composing herself.

"Coul-" Her voice breaks, "Could I ask why..?"

"There's just.. um.. someone else?" Sean stutters, obviously in pain seeing Signe so sad.

___

"This is seriously horrible. How is Signe going to function?"

"She's going to have such a hard time with this, isn't she..?" Mark says, as I cuddle closer to him.

"She really loves him, Marki. I feel so terrible for her." I say, even though, now at least Sean is available. Too bad if I tried anything I'd hurt Signe...

"Hey.." He says, "how about you go see if she wants to watch this movie with us?"

"Good idea."

___

Mark's POV

"Get popcorn while you're at it!" I say as she leaves, throwing a pillow at the back of her head.

She's like the little sister I didn't have. If anything I was the little sister. I'm pretty sure that's how Thomas felt.