Something Stupid

Stiles eyes were focused on the words on his pages as he flicked through them before the door swung open. His body winced a little before looking at the visitor; it was a messy cinnamon haired girl in her grey sweatpants and an overly-sized navy blue jacket which was a sign something was up. 

"The zombie apocalypse started early?" Stiles asked rhetorically, with the typical expression of his.

"Shut up" Lydia hissed before slouching down on the floor with a brown paper bag, her back leaned against the bed. 

"Everything okay?" Stiles asked before moving himself to the empty space beside her, pushing his books aside. 

Lydia fiddled with the bag and pulled out two tubs of ice cream along with a couple of spoons. "Brownie batter?" She began "Or cookie dough?" She said as she checked the other container.

"Cookie dough" Stiles murmured before asking the girl again. "What's up with all this?"

"Good choice" Lydia handed Stiles the ice cream tub along with a silver spoon she grabbed from downstairs. Stiles reached for it, his mind still wondering about what was bugging her. 

After a few spoonful of creams and sugars, Lydia finally let out "I dumped Jason". She stirred into her pot of ice cream, "I'm supposed to be happy yet here I am weeping over a moron".

"What?" Stiles began, not knowing how to feel. It was a huge dilemma since Lydia's now single again, not that he's going to do anything about it because god knows when that's gonna happen, but then that still gives him a chance to be with her... but at the same time she seemed torn apart and if it was possible he wished he could smile and yell out "Yes!" while hugging her as he tells her it's going to be alright. "Oh no..t-that's um- sad...?" He finally finished, unsure on what he was saying.

"He's such a jerk" Lydia moaned before stuffing in another huge spoonful of her brownie batter. 

"What did he do?" Stiles asked, twirling his spoon. "Do you need me to go over there and kick his ass? Because I will, I mean it."

Lydia glanced at the boy as she shook her head with a silly smile. "This is the part where you say" Stiles took a tiny spoonful of his cookie dough ice cream, "Oh, Stiles, No, don't, you don't have to hurt yourself for me, I won't let you" He finished in a high-pitched voice, moving his head around and flickering his eyes with the attempt of impersonating Lydia.

"I definitely don't talk like that" Lydia let out a laugh which was enough for Stiles to smile. "It's the thoughts that counts, right?" 

"Where's Kira anyway? I'd expect you to go to her first" said Stiles. "N-not that I mind that you're here or anything because it's fine, really, yeah, you can s-stay as long as you want" Stiles quickly added, trying not to jumble up his words. 

"Eh- she's probably with Scott plus- I don't know, I always saw you as a girl so I figured you might understand my boy problems" Lydia teased. 

"Oh my god, yeah. Like, totally. I had my nails done the other day so like otherwise I would totes slap that douche for you, girl, I got yo back" Stiles went along with his, obviously wonderful, valley girl accent. 

"You're an idiot" Lydia laughed as she bump her shoulder against his playfully.

"I'm tired, you know? Why do I always date the idiotic ones? Jason basically cheated on me with some cheerleader but he said he did it because, I quote, 'I sometimes need a little something on the side but that doesn't mean I love you the most'. Nice one, huh?" Lydia rambled, feeling both tired and angry. 

"And you broke up with him over that? God, Lydia, have a heart." Stiles mocked, jabbing his spoon into the half emptied tub as Lydia gave him a joking glare. "I don't know, I guess you sometimes have to... I don't know, um-  look closer or even further? Like, if you um- look closely there's a much better option and you probably won't wind up getting hurt, anymore- or like ever." Stiles turned to face Lydia, "I think I said it before but like, um- sometimes the things you wouldn't think go well together actually- um- works really well and probably" Stiles cleared his throat as he looked back down at the tub in his lap, "meant to be together, but I don't know."

"Thanks, Stiles" said Lydia as her lips curved into a fondly smile. "Yeah I have to stop going for the trashes, he really hurt me, you know? Like fighting or whatever is, not okay obviously, but like cheating? It's like saying I'm not enough for someone" said Lydia, feeling drained.

"You're enough for me"  Stiles mumbled so quietly he couldn't even hear it himself because of the fear of Lydia actually hearing it and he couldn't really bare the thought of how she would react if it won't be in a good way. 

"What was that?" Lydia asked, confused on what words left his lips. 

"Oh I-uh said screw him" Stiles struggled. "Y-yeah, screw him, I mean- no, don't screw him, screw me, obviously." Stiles laughed, not knowing whether or not he was joking but 'oh well', he thought, he got to cover up what he really said and sure, why not put that out there too.

"You're such an idiot" said Lydia as she nodded her head and laugh.

"Do you want to stay for dinner, tonight? My dad's stopping by this new Italian place before heading home, so, I mean, if you want to?" Stiles suggested, not sure why he was nervous but he was glad he asked because the last thing he want right now was for her to be alone; with her here, he could take care of her, even just for a while. 

"Yeah, sounds good" Lydia nodded. "I'll make panna cotta then, don't forget to remind me to go to the store later".

"You don't have to, you know?" said Stiles, not wanting her to go through the trouble. 

"No, no. I want to, your dad's always letting and helping us around, it's the least I can do plus I feel bad just being there and eating everything " Lydia insisted, laughing lightly at the end. 

"Yeah sure, but if I die, tell Scott he can have the jeep but he can't drive it" said Stiles, pretending to be serious.

"So, he'll just take care of it with no benefits?" Lydia asked with confusion.

"Exactly" Stiles smiled cheekily.

"Oh and-", Lydia slapped Stiles on the shoulder, followed by an Ow! from the plaided boy , "How dare you insult my cooking skills" she laughed.

"I want to do something stupid, something silly" Lydia suggested, squinting her eyes in concentration trying to think of what to do.

"Hm-" Stiles tried thinking. "I'm something stupid, do me" 

"Shut up" Lydia chuckled as he pushed the boy jokingly.

"What? It's true" Stiles insisted as he grinned.

"Oh my god, let's pretend to be a married couple and look at houses? We can ask obnoxious questions, yeah, there we go" said Lydia, excited about her idea as she stood up. "Stiles, drive me to my house, I have to change, let's go".

"It's much easier if you just do me, you know?" Stiles went on with a small grin as he put the empty tubs back into the paper bag. 

"I hate you" Lydia grinned. "Let's go, come on"

"I love you too, thank you very much" Stiles responded with a sly smile. He didn't know how long he could pretend to joke around with words he wished he could say with it's true meanings but, to think about it, he didn't mind. It was their little thing and he was okay with that. Even if she'll never really know but he'll tell her. He knew that

***Heyy, I hope you had a lovely day and I didn't thoroughly checked this chapter yet so I apologise for any mistakes. I hope you liked it because I really enjoyed writing this up. All the love as always, -n ***