Episode 5: Slimed! Part 2

Start from the beginning

The officer nodded. "I can work with that. We'll get him out here." He turned and started up the sidewalk and toward the building with his men.

Simon added quickly. "He's dangerous. Try not to...spook him."

Cynthia rolled her eyes.

To all of their surprise, the police were in the building for less than a minute before they were walking out with Brent Allen between them. He wasn't handcuffed or resisting, he was only walking with the police as they directed him toward the Ghostbusters.

"What can I do for the Ghostbusters?"

Cynthia stepped forward. "You can exit the man you're currently possessing and allow us to detain you for questioning." Her hands gripped her neutrino wand with white knuckles.

"I don't know about possessions, but I do know that I won't let you detain me." Before the Ghostbusters could argue, he added, "You can ask me anything you like, though."

"Where's my brother?" Regina demanded.

"Excuse me?" Brent looked confused.

Cynthia waved Regina back and stepped forward. "If you're not what we think you are, would you mind taking a painless and simple test?"

Before he could answer, Regina stepped forward again and shot the Ghost Mace into his face.

It came out of the can much like normal Mace would. Spraying in an arc and hitting his face in a steady stream. Except this wasn't mace, it was positively charged slime.

Cynthia would have reprimanded Regina, but she didn't have time.

Brent's face stretched, his jaw reaching down to his chest as his eyes swelled and a scream of paranormal proportions echoed across the city.

As one, the police officers all drew their guns and aimed it at the possessed Brent Allen.

"Put your guns down," Simon yelled. "They wouldn't do anything anyway."

None of the officers lowered their guns, but they also didn't start shooting. The Ghostbusters all accepted that as a sign of restraint.

"Well," Cynthia said, "what are you waiting for." She pushed Regina forward. "Soak him!"

Regina raised her hose and pulled the lever. Slime shot in a solid stream directly at the possessed man. Like he was attached to wires that they couldn't see, he shot into the sky in a high arc and came back down closer to the boarded up glass doors of the Wallace Building. The maneuver put about thirty yards between the Ghostbusters and the spirit.

As one they started running toward him until he let out another howl. His jaw stretched again, going further down his chest, and energy rolled from him in waves. As it did, it carried with it two more spirits.

The ghosts were both corpulent men beyond realistic measures and were wearing torn business suits. They glowed a faint blue hue. Their presence stopped the Ghostbusters' charge, but only for a moment.

"We've got this," Jordan said with a wink. He shot up at the nearest former politician, and the spirit dove out of the way of the proton stream. "Incredibly nimble for his size," he mumbled before adding, "Slime the possessor and these guys should disappear."

Simon and Regina ran at Brent the Possessor and pulled on the large slime levers again. He lifted off of the ground again and spiraled out of the path of the streams.

"Widen your stream," Simon pointed at a dial on the side of the hose and Regina did as he said.

The result was immediate and similar to turning a shower head from jet to wide. The stream panned horizontally and made it harder for Brent to avoid the pink mess.