1. Meeting The Joker

I glanced at my clock and cursed silently by myself. If I didn't hurry up, I was going to be late again. Boy, would I get in trouble. As I climbed the fourth and last step of the small stone-stairs leading up to the backdoor of the bank I worked at, I tripped, and barely kept from falling. I sighed to myself as I bent down to clean my loafers off, and reached for the key in my back pocket. 1-5-7-3, I thought to myself as I entered the code that opened the small hinge to access the keyhole. I peeked at my clock again as I turned the key in the hole and opened the door. Fuuuuuck, I said, a little too loud.

- Fuck who now?

I jumped at the sudden voice behind me, and didn't manage to turn around to take a look before I was shoved in through the door and pushed up against the wall with a hand on my mouth and something hard, and cold - a gun? - against the side of my head. The door slammed shut and my whole body turned stiff out of fear as the realization of what was happening hit me, of who it was that was restraining me against the wall.

- Recognize me, do ya'?

Warm breath reached my cheek and I flinched, never closing my eyes, afraid of what might happen in the darkness. The man pressing up against me had slick, green hair, pale skin and mad looking eyes. The small "J" tattooed on his left cheek caught my eye, and as he saw my eyes divert to it he smiled brightly, crookedly, flashing all of his metal clad teeth.

- Oh, yes, yes you do...

I did indeed. It was the Joker.