Chapter 35 : Guilt

Start from the beginning

Walking out of the room was a big task for me, how will I face others what will they say, I felt like the past is happening all over again I felt myself slipping into something I vowed will never happen. I won't lose this time, I won't let the fate win I will fight it because this time I am given an opportunity to fight and set things right.

With this new found determination I walked out of the room, there are things to be done, people to meet, planning and training to be done but before all that I need a shower Jace is right I stink. I need to arrange someone to clean up Rose's room for her arrival.

Once cleaned up just like in the first day in the pack I decided to go when the sounds take me, but unlike the first day, it took me to the training ground instead of the kitchen. I saw my husbands wolf barreling at his beta while the grey wolf struggled to dodge the attacks coming his way, it looks like Tristan decided to take up his frustration at Felix today. I wanted to go to him and calm him down, but not now Felix could handle him, for now, there is a more important person I need to meet now someone who has been with me through thick and thin helping me through my heartbreak helped me found a new life. I need to find my best friend.

This time I decided to follow my nose to tell me where to find Bella, which was not so difficult because the only place with any trace of her smell was her bedroom. I decided to knock first for which I did not get any reply but I could her heartbeat in there and soft sniffles. The door came open when I tried the knob and I stepped in carefully, the room was dark and stuffy I could make out Bella's figure lying on the bed facing the opposite direction I but I am sure she heard me coming in because she fell silent the moment I got into the room, I moved towards the bed and sat on the other side of the bed. I stayed there for a couple of minutes and none of us talked when I had enough of the silence I sighed and climbed on to the bed and lay next to her hugged her from the back.

"I am sorry Bells", I whispered to her and that is whole it took for her to tun around and hug me letting her waterworks started, we stayed like this for a few minutes before we pull away.

"I am so sorry Tina, am sorry for leaving Rose with Susan. I am sorry for causing you more pain", she said while trying to control her sobs.

"Don't be silly Bella, it's not your fault none of us suspected her to be the traitor we have left Rose alone with her multiple time but this was just the wrong timing, I would have done the same if you were the come running to the bathroom. ", I said trying to console her and I know it to be true.

"Come one, let's get you cleaned up, it's not healthy for the baby to be unclean like this when you are pregnant. When was the last time you showered? God! This room is so smelly, I am going to open the windows and let some air in while you get up and clean yourself. Now chop-chop." I said while pulling up a reluctant Bella out of the bed who mocked me and walked to the bathroom, laughing I started to clean there room by the time of us are done we started to get hungry and decided to grab something to eat before we meet up our husbands and make peace with them.

"Let's cook for the guys as well, they are done with the training it seems.",Bella said as we gathered the ingredients to cook up some pasta.

"How do you know?",I wondered out to her.

"Phil's mental wall is down, he always had it up these days while training since the training had turned more...",she paused as if searching for a neutral world," intensive now".

"Dmitri had his mental walls up all the time ever since Rose is kidnapped, so I don't even know how much it is eating him up.",I sighed thinking about the times I tried to reach him.

"So do you Tina.. both of you shut out everyone once after Rose went missing. I understand how important Rose is to you, to both of you, with this little one on the way I can connect with your motherly instinct more deeply", she said while softly rubbing her non-existing belly, she is still in her first trimester and yet to start showing,"but just don't make her the only thing about life. I agree you came to this pack because of the deep connection you felt for Rose even your marriage to Dmitri was solely based on the child, but now there is more to it you have a pack that looks up to you, a husband who shares his soul with you shutting everyone out is not the best solution for anything. Do you think that Rose will appreciate it if her parents are separated by the time she gets home?"