Chapter Twenty

Daisy*

I wanted it to all be a dream, Ivy and Joker were okay, everyone was happy. But reality kicked in and of course, this wasn't the case.

"Daisy, please say something", Ivy spoke, while Joker was at the corner of the lounge room, talking to his men about protecting the area. I look at her, hoping she would realize, that this IS really my fault. It's my family that's trying to kill them.

"Daisy, I have to go now, but I promise, I'll be back in time. I'm poison Ivy after all. Disappointing you I would never dream of happening", She tried to joke out, but I could see the pain in her eyes. She came closer to me, grabbing me in a tight hug. "You will be safe with him", She said before letting go, and heading towards Joker.

I just stared out the window, seeing all of Ivy's plants flowing with the wind. I didn't realize how long i'd been staring out the window until Joker took a seat beside me.

"You know, I wouldn't let anyone hurt you..right?", He asked me, looking slightly nervous, most likely not knowing what he's even saying. "If only", I whisper out, feeling the numbness taking over me. But I couldn't help feeling like laughing, laughing through the pain, laughing to kill it, laughing to empower the darkness that was rising inside of me day by day.

"Daisy. Calm down", He sternly told me, now I know why he laughs all the time. " it's all my fault", I couldn't stop laughing, but I knew it was turning into crying when I could feel the stinging down my face, "You need to breathe Daisy", He kept telling me, but I couldn't listen, I wouldn't.

"Look what I've done, my mother tried to kill me, my father tried to kill YOU, and now Ivy's gone somewhere. It's all on me", I speak, now trying to breathe. I stopped laughing and could feel the dizziness of the lack of oxygen that was entering my lungs.

I looked at Joker, who slowly put his hand where my heart is, looking at me straight in the eyes. "breathe with me Daisy", He says calmly, It was memorizing what he was doing. Staring into his eyes was like finding a hidden story, that is a treasure. I don't know how he did it, but I finally calmed down.

"What am I going to do with you", He lightly jokes, still looking at me.

"What are we going to do?", I ask him, knowing that the fight that will happen..REALLY will happen.

"I'm going to have to teach you how to protect yourself". Well....that's going to be fun

** 

look at those two.. They're having a heart to heart. GET IT?. shut up jess no one does lol. I thought it was funny.

Well I hope you like this chapter :)