✿1.

For a long two weeks Jungkook kept his secret well. Two whole weeks he suffered alone. He spent the nights huddled away against the cold tiles in the dorm bathroom dozing in and out of sleep and only being awoken by violent hacking coughs.

It was a tuesday when he was found out. He was lazing on the couch flipping through the TV channels not bothering to stay on a station for more than a few seconds. Yoongi and Hoseok sat on the couch paying attention to their phones and not the tv. It was a so far an uneventful night and Jungkook was glad for the break.

Then he heard it. It as in the most hypnotic sound he had ever heard in his short life of eighteen years, Taehyung's laughter. He felt a mixture of guilt and overwhelming happiness flood into his stomach, making him feel like he was a walking glass sculpture that could break at any second.

Over the past few weeks Jungkook had worked hard to mask his emotions when he was around Taehyung. It was proving to be increasingly difficult because Jungkook now knew of what affect Taehyung had on him.

Taehyung and Jimin emerged in the living room still laughing and giggling about an event that had occurred on their outing to get coffee. Jimin was tucked underneath Taehyung, his face radiating light and cheeriness. All Jungkook wanted was to trade places with Jimin. To have Taehyung's attention, to be held by Taehyung, to just have Taehyung.

Jungkooks thoughts mulled over this concept of him and Taehyung. Massive mistake. He felt the sweet tickling sensation rising up his throat that would soon turn deadly. His hand balled up into a tight fist and he felt the urge to cough.

In a panic he tossed the remote at Yoongi and sprinted for the bathroom. He ignored the concerned calls from the boys in the living room, his only intention at the moment was to get to the bathroom.

As soon the the white door slammed behind him he hunched over. Pain racking his entire body into a state of mind numbing emotions. He closed his eyes as tight as he could, wishing with every fiber in soul that this would stop. But it didn't. The flower petals kept exploding onto the bathroom floor. They turned the white bathroom tiles into a mosaic of pretty, vibrant, lavish love. Jungkook hated it.

He hated it because the flowers tasted sweet but they burned. They flooded his vision, he always smelled like them, his throat burned from them, his mouth dry and he always needed water to drain out the pain.

He didn't know how long he sat there. His skin felt frozen from the harsh cold of the bathroom and he didn't have the strength to stand up and start picking up the mess he had created.

"Jungkook? Are you okay? I heard you coughing..."

It was Hoseok on the other side of the door. Jungkook wanted to tell him that he was perfectly fine but when he opened his mouth to talk it hurt his throat too much to form any words.

In his rush to get to the bathroom he had forgotten to lock the door and being drained of all energy he could not reach out to lock it.

"Jungkook I'm coming in."

Hoseok caught glimpse of the flowers and shut the door behind him in a panicked state, locking it and even checking to make sure it was shut tight.

"I'll help you clean up. And I won't tell anyone. I won't ask who it is either. I'll just take care of you. Okay? I'm here to help you."

That was when Jungkook started crying.