Nearly too late

Will's POV
<><><>
A picture played in my mind.

It wasn't that I hadn't enjoyed these few days with Nico.

Adored them, loved them to no end, but I just... It was coming to an end.

The closer it got the more nightmares I would get.

All of them with fear and gut wrenching pain and Nico dying.

The claw marks from the werewolves had gotten infected and the fading into shadows thing, wasn't helping.

It was battling any nectar or ambrosia that I had forced Nico to take and destroying any chance of survival.

The intensity of Nico's pain and what was going on dawned on me yesterday only when I had checked on him to find him almost howling in pain.

His gritted teeth and shrieks made tears stream down my face and I had run to him trying to wake him, when my fingers passed through him.

"Nico! NICO!" I had screamed at him.

"NICO PLEASE! PLEASE!!" I had hunched over him, tears streaming down my face and passing through him, screaming at him to wake.

As suddenly as his shrieks began they stopped, as Nico's eyes fluttered open.

He turned solid, and I had engulfed him in the biggest hug I could manage.

I had  sat there on his bed, his head buried in my chest, sobbing from all of the fear he had just gone through.

He clutched my shirt trying to ground himself.

I had wrapped my arms so tightly around him just to feel him there.

To be assured that he was still with me.

I had sobbed into his beautiful dark chocolate locks trying desperately to keep him anchored to me.

I don't think either of us slept that night.

All we could bear was to be with each other.

I was so worried he would slip away.

Then it had dawned on me.

Three days.

At the most, three days left with him.

I had had this perfect picture, of him staying with me.

Growing even more accustomed to people.

Coming to college with me, even living together when we were older.

None of that would happen.

I picked up my pace, now running towards the Hades cabin where I had rocked him to sleep last night in my arms.

So scared, Gods.

I threw away all manners and resorted to throwing the door of the cabin open rather than knocking.

Immediately I locked eyes with him.

He was sitting on the black comforter of his bed and staring at the wall.

He was clasping his hands, trying to keep himself together.

We locked eyes and tears started to fill his.

He usually didn't show this much emotion.

I had rushed across the room pulling him to me.

Feeling that he was still here his arms wrapped around me and sobbed, but not before me.

I had ended up clinging to him as much as he was clinging to me.

I stroked his locks and inhaled the smell that they held as my tears wet them.

"Nico, Gods. I.... I can't!" I sobbed.

"I'm not ready Will. I can't leave! I can't leave you!" Nico practically screamed.

I stroked his Hair trying to calm him, or myself, I wasn't sure.

" No! You just, you can't!" I whispered.

He pulled away to look me in the eyes.

"Will two days! After today, two days!" He had said barely above a whisper.

"No! No I can't. I can't let you go!" I had shrieked.

"N-Nico have, have you said goodbye yet? To Annabeth and Percy and-" he nodded breaking my sentence into painful breaths.

"I'm the last one then..." I cried.

Nico shook his head violently against my chest.

"I can't do it! Gods! Leaving you to some other guy I just, it's selfish but I can't watch you with, with-" Nico didn't have to finish his sentence.

He didn't want to have to see me fall in love with someone else.

I wrapped my arms around him. "Gods Nico! You idiot! I'll never find anyone like you! Gods you- you're- you're perfect dammit!" I argued.

"I'm not-" he started.

"You Gods Damn are! You're everything See. You're beautiful and kind, and you practically saved my sister. I don't know. I just, Gods don't leave me!" I howled at him.

Pulling him towards me again.

"I don't want to leave you!" He said with a shaky breath.

I didn't say anything.

What could I say?