Chapter 2 "Reality...bites!"

Three days later, Terry was ready to go at the Reagans. He was wearing baggy pants and a big sports jersey. A car was coming for him to take him to his new home. It was a Saturday, so everybody was there to say goodbye to Terry. Sister Maria was crying. Since Terry was getting older, she had hoped he would stay at the Pony Home, hopefully get a scholarship for college and leave then...But, she couldn't prevent him from leaving, that would be selfish of her. She loved all the children, but she had a soft spot for Terrence.

- Mommy Maria, said Terry hugging her, I'll come and visit, don't worry, and don't cry. This isn't the end of the world.

- Good luck Terry, I love you..., said Sister Maria

- I love you too, Mommy Maria..., he said kissing her on the cheek

Tam took him on the side, she was sad too.

- Well, little brother, I heard the Reagans are a mean family, I hope you're going to be fine...

- I will, don't worry

- If it doesn't work out, it's ok. You can come back...

- Tammy, I can't abandon something only because it didn't work out...I'll make it work...

- I know you will, I'm going to miss you...

- Enough to make out with me? He joked

- I'm not that desperate! She said laughing and hitting him softly

- I love you Tammy...

- I love you Terry, she said hugging him

He went to Miss Pony who hugged him hard too.

- Good luck, Terrence, and don't forget to pray when things go wrong and don't forget, you can come back, whenever you want...

- Thank you Mommy Pony, said Terry

He hugged his little friends and got into the car, a Lexus. He sat in the back with the driver and they drove for a while. Terry was thinking about the unknown he was going to find. His "princess"? He always felt at peace when he thought about her. Sometimes he thinks he probably imagined her, but he remembered what she left behind...the sign with the "A" on it.

They arrived at a big mansion with a very big court yard. There were some young girls sitting in the sun wearing bathing suits, and drinking lemonade. They were wearing sunglasses, and chatting. There was a boy holding a hose who wanted to play a prank on the girls...

Terry got out of the car and he took his suitcase and he was walking toward the entrance of the mansion. He was surprised to be splashed with water...

- Hey! What is this? He asked surprised

He turned around and he saw the girls laughing, with the boy and his hose...

- You're not even going to apologize? Said Terry angry

- Why? I was having fun, said the boy with brown hair about his age

He started to laugh again. Terry couldn't take it, he put his suitcase on the floor and he ran to the boy and punched him, the boy fell on the floor, letting go of the hose that soaked the girls who started to scream also.

- Hey how dare you hit me? Said the boy on the floor

- How dare you soak me?! It's not funny!

- Well I do what I want! Said the boy holding his chin

- Are you going to apologize?

- No!

The driver came and talk to Terry.