Chapter 1 "Happy times"

In this story, I wanted to have a little fun... "What if the situations were reversed?" Enjoy! Oh yeah, one more detail, it's set in modern times!

I was snowing, big snow flakes that year. Spring had mad itself scarce, it was the beginning of May, but it was snowing like it was January. There was a house who took in children who didn't have parents. The house was called the Pony Home. There were two women who took care of there poor children; Miss Pony and Sister Maria. They had a heart of gold and they took care of those children with the help of some volunteers and the government who was helping them. Some companies were helping them too, but it was to get a big tax exemption... But you couldn't refuse the money, especially when they needed it so much.

The two brave women and the volunteers were feeding the children in the evening. One of the little girls, Tam, who was about a year old, was being difficult.

- But, what's going on? Said Miss Pony, she's usually not this difficult... come on Tam, calm down and eat...

But the little one continued crying, she pushed her plate away, splashing Miss Pony on the face and she walked to the window.

- Oh! Said Miss Pony looking for a paper towel, Tam!

- She walked to the window and she's pointing outside, said sister Maria

- Don't you hear the cries? Said a little boy

- What cries? Said Miss Pony

She listened more carefully and she heard baby cries; a crying baby.

- Sister Maria, do you hear that? Said Miss Pony

- Yes, sounds like babies crying, said Sister Maria, outside in the snow, let's go see!

The two women walked to the door and they opened it. A freezing breeze was felt in the hallway of the orphanage, with the snow. Sister Maria followed the baby cries, and she found one by the big tree. It was covered with snow, and it was crying because he was starting to get cold. She took the baby and she took the snow off its face. It had a little sponge car and there was name on it that said; "Terry"

- Oh, look at you, all covered in snow, all white... Terry, that's your name? Since you're all white, we're going to call you Terry White...

The baby stopped crying as soon as he was in the nun's arms, secured and warm. But they could still hear baby cries.

- Sounds like there's another baby, said Sister Maria walking towards the house, take this one...

She gave the baby to Miss Pony who had stayed at the door. This last one took the baby and Sister Maria walked towards the other baby cries. She found another baby, crying, a little further from the tree. There was a note which said;

I can't take care of my baby, please take good care of him. He's name is Arny.

- Arny, said Sister Maria, I'm here now, stop crying...

She took the baby inside and put him in a crib next to the other baby.

- Terry White, let me introduce you to Arny, said Sister Maria

- We need to find a surname for him too, said Miss Pony

- Well his name is Arny...why not Jones?

- Arny Jones? Jones sounds so common

- Well it's now the name of our new boarder! Said Sister Maria smiling

- Tam, said Miss Pony, here are your two new little brothers, whom you just saved from the snow...