Part 1

Her Christmas Wish.
Chapter One
She sighed. Her mom was forcing her to go to the doctor's again. She hated anything that had to do with doctors, even drugs, not to get started with instruments like injection or any one for that matter. And now she was gonna get her wisdom teeth out, they would use stuffs that are meant for murder on her teeth. Things like hammer, knife oh she couldn't even begin to think about it. She was driving to her death but thankfully there was traffic jam to delay them a bit. She was close to death.
"Come on, Alex. Can you stop looking like its only a matter of time before you die?", her mom, Diana Donovan, who at forty nine was still strikingly beautiful to the core. Her blond hair glittered in the sun as she scowled at her daughter. While hers so black, thick and unruly was all she had. Her grandmother always said she took on her father's hair. The worst side maybe because there was no chance in hell her hair would look like her father's lovely rich curls that made him all the more handsome. She was the worst of the Donovan family, in every sense of the word.
"Maybe if we weren't on our way to my death I would be beaming with happiness.", she replied dryly. Her mother scowled even more. She looked out the window and tried not to think about her life but it looked like her mind had another plan. Alexandrine Donovan, the youngest of the five children had always been the black sheep. She was always the step aside, the ignored,the least loved, the odd one out. When her three brothers were out playing, she'd be the one indoors,when the other kids were doing fun stuffs, she'd be by herself, her mother had always controlled her life, it was overbearing.
Then she decided she couldn't——wouldn't take that and started living. It was finally feeling like life. She barely got out of middle school and then she left high school. Her mom was furious,she managed to get into a university due to her parent's connections, three actually, three nice expensive schools but never graduated from one. Her mom was burning with anger and disappointed to say the least but her dad saved her saying school was not really her thing. That was an understatement. Her dad was the only one she actually got along with in their family.
Her mom always expected her to be perfect which was impossible and her mom never failed to remind her she was disappointed in her every time, her brothers never seemed to not rub it in and her half sister never failed to remind her she hated her. Her half sister, Abigail, the product of her dad's marriage with Stephanie George who was now dead, always tried to impress her parents, she thought her mom always ignored her and she seemed to think it was because of Aleta and she always told her they were in the same category and she thought her dad was not paying attention to her because of Alex which was not true, her dad was great, he always found time for all his children. But Abigail didn't think so.
She hated Alex because she thought Diana was ignoring her because of Aleta who she was actually ignoring Alex and because she thought her dad who was very much involved in all his children's lives didn't have her time which was definitely not true. Every time Alex saw her she looked like she was dying inside. She looked terribly sad. But her half sister's death wasn't the one she had to worry about now. It was hers.
She screamed. "Agh!" After like fifteen minutes the traffic ended and they were back on the road to her death. Her mom was speeding it was like she wanted to get to her death ASAP. "Will you please slow down, you might as well actually get to the dentist's, I'm dying there anyway."
"I didn't see that car coming.", her mom said, panting. "Well, that's why it's always advised to go at at the recommended speed not one that made you look like you had a death wish, so as not to hit any car headfirst even one you don't see", she said sweetly.
Her mom ignored that. She was still panting from the 'almost' collision. She was supposed to be consoling her mother. She got scared easily. "If it's any consolation I didn't see it either", she said. Her mom looked at her like she just dropped down from Planet Weird, she was shocked. "Don't tell me that that small accident has made you soft already, I'd think it'll take more than that but if it's any consolation, it didn't happen." Alex rolled her eyes, so much for consolation, she thought grimly.
They finally got to the doctor's and by the power of some miracle, she didn't die. Tonight she had an announcement. Her announcement were always about one of her children (not Alex of course) having good luck in something Alex never could. Backing up the announcement was always an advice to the black sheep Donovan, her of course.
And tonight was no exception. "Guess what, Diego? Jackson finally got his dream job. At St. James hospital.", her mom announced proudly. Her dad and brother Jackson smirked. Her dad congratulated him. St. James was one of the best hospitals in the city and being a doctor was his dream job. She was happy for him but she couldn't help but be sad, this left the door wide open for more criticism from her mother. Advice was on the way and.... "You know that's what I always tell Alex, she's too stupid for her own good. Just get a damn job, for months she'd go on jobless and after finally getting one, keeping it was the problem. There's always an excuse for her to get fired. Just like the last one and the one before that and before that and so on. She announces that she gets fired so much that I forget the number of times she'd gotten fired or the number of Sunday brunches she'd announced it. Just too stupid", ....and it came.
But luckily her dad saved her from it. She was right there, for God's sake. Too stupid? Right in front of the whole family. Aleta was sure her mom would start on the marriage project. She was always telling her to get married. How could she get married when the right man was still on Operation-Keep-Me-Waiting, she would marry when she found the right man and fall in love and marry and bear her own children, just as Diana wanted, all in good time. If she heard one more whining from her mom about not having a grandchild, she was gonna scream. If she counted the number of times her mom said that, she could write a whole book. But it will come anyway, that agonizing talk, she was sure of it. When she couldn't take it anymore, she slammed the cutleries on the table and said "For God's sake mom, drop it! You're always saying that."
"Maybe if I said it a thousand times more, it'd drive you to actually do it.", her mom retorted. "Drive me mad, maybe. What's next? "There's my daughter, always the bridesmaid, never the bride"", she said. "Well that's all you always are anyway", her mom mumbled. Alex gasped in horror. "So what? I'm suppose to just marry the next hot rich guy I see, huh?", she was tired of this. Every single time. She couldn't take it anymore. She glared at her mom and walked out. She was leaving this damn house, just enough of this. She heard her mom say "What's wrong with that?" She packed up her bags and left. Her life was just plain bad.