Chapter 6

The Billionaire's Assistant

Chapter 6

Alicia's POV

Sunday flew by in a flash and before I knew it, Kelly was waking me up Monday morning. I turned over on stomach and mumbled,"Five more minutes," into the pillow. I heard footsteps leave the room and the door closed. I sighed and got comfortable, but it didn't last long. I felt something cold and wet touch my body and flew off the bed, which on my part wasn't a good idea. I hit the ground with a thud! Kelly's laughter told me she was the culprit that did this.

I looked up from my sprawled out position on the floor and saw Kelly with a cup in hand laughing. Ughh that bitch, I thought to myself. I glared daggers at her hoping she would die. Unfortunately you can't kill someone by just watching them. TV shows can be very misleading. She saw the look I was giving her and she stopped laughing and ran out the room.

Smart girl, I thought with a smirk playing on my lips. I got up off the floor and looked at the on my bedside table. It read 7:35 am, which means I still have time to get ready. I walked to bathroom and brushed my teeth and then took a warm shower. I had no idea how long I was in there but apparently it was really long. I went back into the room and saw that the clock read 8:20 am. Ohh..... Wait.. What! I quickly went into my closet and put on my undergarments and then a white shirt with a mauve pencil skirt and matching blazer. I also put on black heels and some nude lipstick, applied some mascara and picked up my purse. I walked out the room and saw Kelly already dressed for work.

I grabbed an apple off of the counter and my keys. Am I forgetting anything. Apple, check, keys, check, phone.... Phone. Oh shoot my phone. I'm coming baby, I thought as I ran back into my room. I picked up my phone off of the dresser then walked back into the living room. "You ready," Kelly asked me when I came back out. I nodded and we headed out. We took the elevator down to the car park. We got in the car and headed out. The drive was quiet and comfortable. Kelly pulled up in front of James Co. and I started getting nervous. I twiddled with my fingers and stared down at my lap, something I do when I'm nervous. Kelly noticed and said,"Don't be nervous Alicia, everything will go fine." I nodded my head and got out the car.

I looked and saw this tall glass building. Oh my goodness. I walked up the stairs and into the lobby. I saw a receptionist at the other end of the lobby. I walked as carefully as possible not wanting to fall and draw attention to myself. I actually got there and didn't trip, thank you baby Jesus. "Hi, good morning. I'm here for the interview for the assistant position," I said with a smile. The lady was at least in her late forties, had fiery red hair and a heart shaped face. She typed up something into the computer then asked,"What's your name miss?" I told her my name and she said,"Take the elevator to the top floor, then turn right and you will see Mr. James' door. Have nice day sweetie and if you do get the position we're going to be great friends."

She is so sweet and nice. "Thank you and you have great day also," I said and walked towards the elevator. I entered the lift and pressed the top floor button. I waited for the lift to arrive on the top floor. When it did I stepped out and turned right like the lady said. I feel bad for not getting her name. I came to a black door with a gold plates with the words JAMES, CEO. The office walls were glass but they were obviously one-sided since you couldn't see inside. I knocked on the and heard a deep 'come in'. I entered and the last person I would have wanted to see.

Sitting behind a glass desk was Andrew. His face still looked godly handsome, but there was something different about him. His face was hard and his jaw clenched tightly. His eyes held this coldness I only ever saw from one person. Don't think about him now Alicia, he can't get to you. He's far away. I tried to calm myself. "Have a seat Ms. Stevens," he said with a cool voice. I sat in one of the chairs facing his desk. "Ms. Stevens tell me why you should get this position?"

"I have a major in finance and business. I am a fast worker. I learn quickly and have very good memory," I said with a smile. He looked at me then went into one of the drawers and took out a folder which I'm assuming is my resumé. He opened the folder and looked over it. "Your information here says that you were a prodigy in high school and that you skipped two grades." I nodded and said,"That would be correct." His cold facade never slipped once once and I was left feeling like wounded bird about to be eaten.

"It looks to me that you are well qualified for the position. You've got the job Ms. Stevens but I'm going to warn that if you so much as slip up once you'll be gone. Understood?" I went from happy to scared in a millisecond. I nodded my head vigorously. "Good. Your job is to have my coffee on my desk before I arrive and you are to finish whatever work I give to you in a two days span, unless I say otherwise. You are to keep track of my meetings and you are in charge of my schedule for the day. Ensure that I get a notice five minutes before every meeting. Whenever it has any social event I have to attend or business in any of the international businesses you are required to come with me. That's everything that you need to know."

He got up and walked towards a door on the other side of the room. He opened it and said,"This is your office and whenever you arrive at work use the door from hall." He handed me keys and told me they were for my office. "You officially start tomorrow. You are to be here before eight. I will have Michael show you around. His office is down the hall. You are dismissed."

I got up and left the office. What the hell was the first thing that came to mind. His attitude was so disgusting. If he is like this everyday then it's not a surprise he didn't have an assistant. What a bitch, and to think I thought he was cute. I walked down the hall and saw a door with Michael's name on it. I knocked and the door opened revealing a smiling Michael. Before I could say anything I was engulfed in a bear hug. I was so short, even in heels, that I was lifted off the floor. "Put me down," I laughed and screamed. "Hey girl. I knew I would have seen you around," Michael said still smiling. He looks kinda creepy but his happy mood makes up for it. "Hey Michael. You're supposed to show me around right?" He nodded and said,"Let's begin this tour."

The rest of the day Michael showed me where everything was and even took me to lunch. I found out that the receptionist's name is Marilyn. What a nice name for such a nice lady. I also found out that she is married and has a son. I left the building around 1 and headed home. I took a shower and watched TV till I fell asleep.