02 | a field of roses

"You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear."
- Oscar Wilde -

[ T W O ]
▬▬▬▬ ◦❁◦ ▬▬▬▬

MY MOM DROPPED HER purse the moment she saw Cade, and screamed.

"OH. MY. GOD."

I was just about to stand up to explain everything, but Cade beat me to it.

"Hey," he greeted, turning his head to face my mom.

I wanted to smack myself in the face.

"HUH?" Mom yelled in confusion. She looked at me flabbergasted, and pointed a quivering finger towards his direction. "WHO IS THAT?"

Once again, he interrupted me before I could even open my mouth to say something.

"Cade Everett,"  he introduced. "But you can call me whatever you want."

"WHAT?"

"You've got a wonderful daughter and a wonderful house, Mrs.Knight. She let me in."

So he's just going to throw me under the bus like that? At this point, it was getting exorbitantly hard to resist the urge to catapult a pillow right at his face so he'd shut up. However, to my surprise, my mom actually calmed down a little.

My mom laughed lightly, and turned to me with perhaps the most fake smile I've seen in my life. "Willow, sweetie. Could you please come outside for a minute? We need to talk to your dad."

Pursing my lips, I reluctantly dragged myself off the couch and out the front door, leaving Cade alone in the living room.

Once we were outside, my mom literally lost her mind.

"Are you crazy?" she strained, in a voice that clawed my ear canals. "What the hell were you thinking?"

"Hey hey hey," my dad intervened, motioning for her to lower her voice. "What's wrong?"

"WILLOW LET A COMPLETE STRANGER INTO OUR HOUSE."

Dad turned to me with a look of utter disbelief etched onto his face. "You did what?"

"He's not a complete stranger. I've talked to him and I'm pretty sure he's a decent guy..."

"No," he shook his head. "No. I'm calling the cops."

I caught him just before he could take out his phone. "I'm sure it's fine..."

"Willow! He could be dangerous, for all we know!"

But mom was not fine at all. "This is not happening. No. I won't allow it. Willow, you're going to go back in there and apologize and you're going to have to get him to leave because I will not allow a stranger to simply enter our house. Especially at this time, and especially when he looks like that-"

"But mo-"

"You will do as I say."

"But-"

"He can't stay with us."

"B-"

"What did I just tell you?"

"He got kicked out!"