"Amber!" Noah called and I turned to face him.

"Yeah?" I said shakily. Keep your voice strong, Amber!

"I need to talk to you," He said. I nodded and followed him to the huge tree beside the school.

Its leaves were still dark green and its branches looked strong and sturdy. It was providing a nice amount of shade for the dry grass below it.

He sat down, leaning his back against the trunk of the huge tree. I sat down beside him.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked. He took a deep breath.

"Tyler told me about your father," He told me. I tried to mask my face. I am going to kill Tyler!

"What about my father?" I asked, playing stupid. I played with a strand of my hair nervously.

"About what happened two years ago," He told me, watching my face for my reaction. I couldn't help the shock and fear that was plain on my face.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said. 

I stood up quickly. I knew I needed to get out of there.

But before I could take one step, Noah was on his feet and blocking my way.

"Please just listen to me," He begged. I looked down at the floor. My vision was slightly blurred from the tears forming in my eyes.

He put one hand under my chin and brought my head up so he could meet my eyes.

"He told me that your father might come back into town. Tyler just asked me to make sure you were okay and that you were safe," He told me. Fear bubbled through my veins. He was coming back. I already knew but I hated to be reminded over and over.

The tears slid down my face and Noah wiped them away with his thumb.

I sighed and pulled away. I was about to walk away but I turned on my heel to face him again.

"Noah?" I asked. He looked up at me.

"Yeah?" He said.

"Uh, can I maybe have a ride home?" I asked him.

He gave me his trademark smirk, the one that had almost every girl at this school falling at his feet. Luckily, I wasn't one of those girls.

"Sure," He said, still smirking.

"Thanks," I said, giving him a smile.

I followed him in the empty parking lot. He dug through his pockets and pulled his hand out to reveal a set of keys.

I looked around and stopped in my tracks.

"What's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

"You brought your motorcycle?" I asked, eyeing the beast in front of me. It looked like it belonged in a horror movie, not a school parking lot. It looked so intimidating, like it could swallow me whole if I got too close.

Noah burst out laughing. "You looked like you'd seen a ghost or something!" He said.

"It's not funny!" I said, resisting the urge to stomp my foot.

He tossed me a red helmet. I hastily shoved it on my head. I can't believe I was going to do this!

He hopped on the bike first then helped me up. My arms hung limply at my side. He chuckled and led them around his waist.

"Come on, I won't bite," He said. I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"I doubt that," I said quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. He chuckled once again before starting the engine.