Chapter 12

Look at him up there, he's too cute, Cody signed, biting back his widening smile as he watched his boyfriend work behind the counter.

Rosie side eyed her brother, him almost bouncing where he was just at the sight of TJ. You are seriously more embarrassing than dad and pop, I mean you're basically squealing.

Alright, you're welcome for picking you up from school when dad or pop couldn't, cancelling the rest of my day and taking you out, Cody signed, taking a step forward in line, just that much closer to the younger lad.

Rosie let out a quiet breath, that being true, but still, people were starting to look at them funny. Do you know what you want? I'll order for you.

Just ask for TJ to come over, Cody signed, his boyfriend making drinks, but he really wanted to talk to him, hoping he could switch with the person taking orders.

Rosie nodded, stepping up to the counter and asking for TJ like her brother wanted, Cody too busy just watching his boyfriend to realize they were even at the front of the line.

"Rosie, hey!" TJ said happily as he saw her, only for a wide smile to come over him as he saw the older lad. Babe! What are you doing here?! You said you had class until 3.

Yeah well this one is sick apparently and my dad is at practice and pop is at the cafe, so I had to pick her up from school, Cody signed, eyeing his sister, not all that convinced she was really sick.

And of course all Rosie did was smile sweetly at TJ as he raised his eyebrows at her, maybe letting out a cough or two and sniffled, only making the older lad let out a barking laugh.

"I'd perfect your little act before you see your dads," TJ muttered to her. But what can I get you guys? I have to pretend I'm actually doing my job, he signed, winking at his boyfriend and just seeing him smile at him.

Surprise me! Cody signed happily, earning a fond eye roll from the younger lad.

"Yeah surprise me too I guess," Rosie said, her brother being the one who wanted to come here after all.

You got it, two surprise me's, TJ laughed to himself, already knowing what he wanted to make Cody but then picking something random for Rosie before plugging it into the system.

Thanks love, Cody signed, passing his card to TJ and watching him swipe it through the machine. You look really settled here, are you starting to get the hang of everything?

Yeah, I'd say so, TJ signed happily, after only working at the coffee shop for over two weeks he had basically everything down. I even made a friend! Definitely makes the time go by faster!

A friend? Cody asked with furrowed eyebrows. Who? Which one is he? he asked, already looking behind the counter and narrowing his eyes at the two guys working.

She is right there, TJ signed, laughing to himself as he pointed to a girl across the shop. Her name is Sarah, and if anything I should be the jealous one. I showed her a picture of you the other day and I swear she was basically drooling, you're lucky I didn't start a fight.

At that Cody immediately felt his cheeks go red, looking over to where Sarah was, catching her eye and waving to her slightly, only for her jaw to go slack and completely still at seeing him. And before Cody could even smile at her he felt a hand smack him upside the head.

Yeah, hi, TJ signed with raised eyebrows, giving his boyfriend that "are you serious" look.

What? Babe come on, I was just saying hi, Cody signed as he laughed to himself, his boyfriend not looking so amused.