Letter of Regret: This Awakening (PLOT TWIST?)

((A/N: Go ahead and listen to "1000 Years" by Christina Perry as you read along! I'm sure it'll pull some heartstrings and blow your mind. Until the end, enjoy! ❤ ))

WARNINGS: Mentions of suicide, cussing, self harm. If ANY of these things trigger you, please don't read. I love you all and would never condone any kind of self mutilation. THIS is just fiction. ❤ Enjoy!😌

"Y-Y/N!?"

I remember screaming her name in the middle of the nights when I had dreams of when we were young and in love. My hands clenched the cold and empty sheets around me as I shut my eyes back, taking in a deep breath to realize: 'This is real. She isn't coming back..' A few tears trickled down my cheek as I lie in bed and thought of sweet Y/N. Her heart belonged to someone else. Her hand right now, held another man's as I sit here, contemplating my life decisions.

'What was I thinking?'

'What went through my mind?'

'What would happen if I hadn't made that mistake?'

Many thoughts ran through my mind as if running a nonstop marathon. Some nights I wouldn't even sleep. My hotels around the world were successful, but their owner was not. Not without Y/N by my side. Digging my fingers into my hair and tugging at every strand, I could hear a younger version of myself yelling at me now.