"That's amazing, he's at least talking to you." Nat said, her blonde hair falling into her face as she let out a dramatic huff.

"It's a step in the right direction." Olive added.

"Hopefully." Cho giggled, fiddling with the hem of her robes.

"Ollie, I've been dying to know, have you done it yet?" Natalie changed the subject before the three of them burst out with girly squeals in delight, or before Nat herself complained about being a total loner for life.

Olive looked at Nat with a blank expression, not knowing what exactly her blonde friend was playing at.

"Done what?"

"Done it."

"Um..." Olive's cheeks tinted pink when her mind rushed to an idea a bit too R-rated for her, "Gross, no!"

Nat face palmed herself so hard she let out a small gasp, causing Cho to let out a snort, before drawing out a long, dramatic sigh.

"No, Olive, just no. That is gross, putting an image like that in my head. I meant the morphing thing, dingus."

"Why do you have such a dirty mind?"

"Because she hangs out with us, Cho."

"Right."

Olive watched as her two best friends went back and forth, a small smile spread on her face as she waited for the two to wait and see what exactly she had accomplished.

"Shit."

"Language."

"Meow."

In front of Natalie and Cho sat a cat. They knew it was Ollie who had morphed into a black cat with the bluest of eyes.

Being a metamorphmagus allowed Olive to alter her appearance. In fourth year she got excited when she saw a cat at Hogsmeade, and caused cat ears and whiskers to grow on her face. The amount of attention she got that day was overwhelming, since she hardly felt comfortable answering a question in class, let alone be gawked at by everyone in Hogsmeade when she tried to get her normal features back.

Over the summer, however, she told the girls that she wanted to try and fully shift into a cat, since it seemed plausible enough from that embarrassing day in the village beside Hogwarts.

Alas, she accomplished it, nearly scaring her sister to death in the process, and now her friends seem startled by it, though not for long.

"Merlin's beard, Ollie, you're so cute." Cho exclaimed, "Can I hold you?"

The cat let out a frustrated meow, shaking her head.

"Why not?"

Olive morphed back into her normal self, a proud smile plastered on the Ravenclaw's face.

"Because I get claustro-"

Suddenly, the train came to an abrupt stop, causing the three girls to exchange curious glances. They knew it took longer than that to get all the way to Hogwarts, and they also knew that the train never stopped until it got to Hogsmeade Station.

"What is that?"

That was confirmed by a jolt in the train, and the power going out. Immediately, the room grew colder, and frost dispersed on the windows. Huddling in the corner, Ollie could see her breath in the air, letting everyone know that the temperate had significantly lowered. This normally never happened, according to anyone.

A depressing thought started to cloud the mind of Olive- the girls as well. One sad thought after another seemed to fill their minds, lowering their spirits, and blocking the love in their hearts.