35 - YET TO BE REWRITTEN

^I hate myself why did I think this was a good idea I'm borderline  s o b b i n g  (he looks fucking daddy af tho so yum)❥

^I hate myself why did I think this was a good idea I'm borderline s o b b i n g (he looks fucking daddy af tho so yum)

"I never knew you and Calum even spoke to each other," I say carefully, eyeing Chloe as she takes a sip from her drink.

She shrugs. "It was just some lousy hook-up."

"That turned into something more?"

"I guess."

"So, you guys are official now?"

"What's with all the questions?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing, I just... I never expected it to be you and Calum, that's all." I respond, crinkling my nose.

Chloe laughs dryly. "No one really expected you and Luke to actually get together, either," she says, making me smile weakly. "Guess people can surprise you, huh?"

I nod, my eyes wandering to the other side of the patio where Luke and Calum are talking things out, just like Chloe and I are supposed to be.

Luke is staring at the other boy with bored eyes, sipping from a black mug that is probably filled with nothing but water to make him look the slightest bit more intimidating.

The corners of my lips turn up at the sight of him, and I think Chloe notices, because she clears her throat.

"So," she says awkwardly. "How have you and Ash been?"

"Same old, same old, I guess." I shrug. "Ashley's still Ashley and I'm still me."

"Have her and Michael finally gotten together?" she teases, and I giggle.

"Not yet. But they're close."

"Seems like you and Luke got closer."

I bite my lip. "Y-yeah."

"I won't tell, Sophie," I hear her say, genuinely surprising me.

"You won't?"

"No," she shakes her head from side to side. "That's your guys' business. Not mine."

"I don't mean to offend you, Chlo," I say quietly. "But why the sudden change of heart? No offense, but..."

"But you'd expect me, of all people, to go ape shit and broadcast your relationship through a fucking megaphone in the middle of a crowded building," she finishes off for me, and it's all I can do not to question the specifics.

So I nod my head carefully, eyeing her in stunned silence.

"Uhm, yeah. Kinda."