35 - Middle of night

"Justin, Justin, please get up." Fiona was gently waking Justin up from sleep.

"Is it morning? How come you are up so early, Fiona?" He asked, sleepily rubbing his eyes.

"No, it's 1 in the morning."

"What?" He asked in confusion.

He checked his phone for the time and, dang, it was indeed 1 in the morning. Then the realization hit him, and he started to panic.

"Is everything okay? Are you okay? Did something happen?"

"Yeah, I am perfectly fine."

He released the breath that he was holding.

"Then why did you wake me up in the middle of the night, Fiona?" He groaned, rubbing his hair.

He was ready to fall back asleep in his own bed.

"I actually want to have chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream." She said it innocently with a smile on her face.

"Whoa, what? You woke me up to have some chocolate cookie ice cream. Please tell me you are joking?" He asked her with wide eyes, trying not to glare at her.

"Yes, I did wake you up to have ice cream. But its name is chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, not what you said and, no, I am not joking."

He rolled his eyes in return.

"Fi, it's past midnight. Tomorrow I will get you that ice cream. Now let's go back to sleep."

He said it to her as gently as possible while lying down. She is five months pregnant, so her hormones work weirdly.

"No, I want to have chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream now." She folded her hands.

"Fi, late-night ice cream isn't good for you. Go back to sleep."

"Fine, then I will get it by myself." She told him in annoyance.

"No, you won't go anywhere alone, and as it is, there will be no shops open now. So, Fi, get back to sleep. You will get your ice cream first thing in the morning." He tried to justify her.

"I don't care. I need it right now."

"Fi, stop behaving like a kid." This made Fiona glare at him.

"So you want chocolate dough, whatever ice cream you want now?"

"It's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and, yes, I want it now." She huffed.

"Are you certain you want it now?" He asked her again.

"Yes, Justin. I want it this instant."

"We have vanilla and chocolate ice cream in the freezer." He tried to convince her otherwise.

"Yes, but Em told me that chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream tastes amazing." She pouted.

"Damn you, Em." Justin muttered under his breath.

"Please, Justin. Pretty, please, with a cherry on the top. I know I am getting fat and all."

He interrupted her, "You aren't getting Fat Fi, and let us go and get your CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM."

He said to her, emphasizing the name of the ice cream before she starts having fits. Yes, nowadays, Fiona throws fits, but it's kind of funny sometimes. Cut that. Funny all the time.

"Really?" Her eyes were wide and glistening.

"Yes, love." He smiled sleepily.

"I love you." She clapped loudly and hugged him.

"I love you too, and let's go and start hunting for your ice cream."

It's been an hour, and still, there is no sign of an open-ice cream parlor. Whereas Justin was searching for her ice cream shop and she was singing songs. And you should know that Fiona is a horrible singer.

"Fiona, there is not a single open shop, so let's..."

But she Interrupted, "It is okay, Justin. I am sorry I shouldn't have woken you up."

Great, now she is going to sulk.

"Well, we have a full night left, and there has to be at least one shop open."

There was an instant smile on Fiona's face. Yes, Fi was more stubborn than usual and blackmailed him occasionally, but she was not going through an easy phase. Whatever it is, everything is worth seeing Fiona's million-dollar smile.

After another hour of driving, he found a small ice cream parlor. He stopped the car and went inside with her.

"We want..."

But Fi clapped her hand excitedly.

"Justin, I want black-currant ice cream."

"What!! But you wanted chocolate chip..."

"No, Justin. I want black currant. It is purple in color, and it's tempting,"

Did Justin mention that, nowadays, Fi frequently behaves like a child and has a change of heart every few minutes? She gets super hyper as well.

"Okay-okay, two black-currant ice creams."

After they got the ice cream, they sat on a nearby bench and ate it peacefully.

"Yum, this is so good."

"Is it?" He asked her.

She nodded her head vigorously.

"Justin." She said it in her most innocent voice.

"Yes, Fiona." He said cautiously. Her overly innocent voice indicates a red flag.

"I don't feel like going home." She said as she spun around, high on sweets.

"Then I have the perfect place where we can go."

She grabbed his hand and pulled him to her. "Let's go then."

They sat in the car, and he drove her to his favorite place.

"This is beautiful." She exclaimed. They were on top of a hill. The sky was blanketed with stars shining brightly.

"I know, right?"

Justin was lying on the grass with Fiona's head on his chest near his heart.

After a few minutes, Justin heard her soft snores. He chuckled.

He carefully got up and carried Fiona towards the car. After an hour or so, they finally reached their home. She was still asleep, so he carried her to the bed and laid her down. Justin lay beside her, and she snuggled closer to him.

"Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I love you, Justin." She murmured in her sleepy state.

This girl is definitely something else. She still wants that long-name ice cream. He was very sleepy now, but he knew that if she woke him up again and asked him to go to that ice cream shop, he would gladly go. Yes, sometimes it definitely gets annoying, but at the same time, he also enjoys spending time with hyper hormones and his innocent Fiona. She could get him to agree with anything with her innocent look. She knows this very well and still uses this as a weapon against him, but still, he doesn't care as long as she is with him.

He kissed her forehead and, with that, he drifted off to sleep with her in his arms.