Chapter eight

Today Roman is getting married to Sasha. He is so miserable, he won't look at me. His father is in the room, glaring at me every once in a while, until Romans mother, Queen Lisa enters. "So you are the woman who has my son at his beck and call?"
I blushed deeply, seeing Roman chuckle quietly. "Mother, leave her be, she is only my slave."
My eyes shot downward, tears threatening to spill, my heart shattering, as pain shot through my body. I gripped the chair Roman was sitting in as his mother frowned. "My dear are you alright? Roman, let her sit, she's not well." I collapsed into Romans arms, as everything faded.

"Poisoned," I heard Romans voice say. "Who would try to poison a slave?"
"She isn't just anyone's slave, she's yours, plus you forget she is still technically a princess, who carries your child."
"The child is safe though, correct doctor?" Seth asked.
"Livia, you're awake, thank the Gods," Roman said.
"What happened?" I asked.
"You were poisoned, and the child is safe," the doctor answered.
"Dean who delivered our food today?"
"Her name is Bayley, but she wouldn't do that," I answered.
"How do you know?" Roman asked, his glare unwavering.
"She is too kind to do that to anyone. She offered me the bed there since I carry your child."
His expression softened, until Dean said, "but Princess Sasha was in the kitchen earlier this morning, I didn't think anything of it, but she does visit the kitchens often when Lord Balor is here."
"Lord Balor and Princess Sasha?" Roman asked, as Dean nodded. Roman motioned Seth to follow and they went out of the room.
"What of the child she carries? What does she need to do?" Dean asked as her Majesty came into the room, her smile brightening up the room.
"How are you feeling Livia?"
"Fine your Majesty. Thank you."
"Will you both excuse us, I need to speak with Livia alone please."
The doctor and Dean bowed and left. She shut the door behind them, "Livia, this child is of the utmost importance. You may not realize this, but Roman is thinking about ending his engagement to Sasha, and after what he is to find out about her, it will end. But that's where this situation you find yourself in may become deadly. You and you alone carry the royal bloodline of both my family and your own. Romans enemies will be on the hunt for you, the poison is evident of that."
"You're majesty, what of Romans marriage, he needs one to unite the kingdoms."
"I believe he has a suitable replacement for Sasha, one that carries his child currently. And one that he loves, deeply."
"Me?" I asked.
"Yes, my son loves you deeply, plus you carrying his child helps your cause. I can convince my husband to restore your family to its former glory."
"What's the cost?" I asked.
"There is none, as long as you keep my son happy, there will be no cost. Now I must go and see about restoring your families honor and legacy."