Chapter 7- It's about them, not you.

"Just go ahead and tell me 'I told you so.'"A week later I was sitting in in the middle of my bed eating a pint of ice cream and talking to Harper on the phone.
"Im not gonna do that. Honestly that is the last thing I expected to happen." Ditto girl. "This is probably gonna make you mad but you should cut him some slack. They weren't  fucking...or even kissing." Harper pointed out. I closed my eyes, and when I did Chloe was naked on top of my husband again, his hands resting on her hips.
"You don't know that." I replied. Neither did I. But its not like I had given Dominic the time of day to explain what had happened. Quite frankly I didn't want him too. I just wanted him away from me...I needed some time.
"Do you even know where he is staying?" She asked. Yes I did and not because I asked. He had text me that information an hour after he had left the house.
"Hotel." Just then my phone beeped in my ear and I looked down at the screen. Call waiting from...well speak of the devil. "I gotta go. I'll call you tomorrow. Love you more."
"Love you most." I switched the calls and returned the phone to my ear. My heart was pounding and my stomach had turned to a gymnast inside of me.
"Hey " Dominic said, sounding a little surprised. I didn't blame him, after a week of ignoring his calls.
"What's up?" I asked because asking 'What do you want?' sounded a little rude. Not that he didn't deserve that shit one hundred percent.
"I miss you and I want you to listen to what I have to say." For some reason his words kind of pissed me off. I didn't want to his explanation, not now and I didn't know when I would want it.
"And what is it that you have to say, Dominic?" I sighed, leaning back against our headboard and pulling my knees up to my chest.
"I didn't condone any of that. She came onto me-" And I didn't want to hear any of this.
"Im going to bed. I have to prep the boy's birthday party in the morning." I interrupted him. Dominic was silent on the phone for what seemed like hours.
"You gonna let me come?" He asked, finally. That was probably the stupidest question he had ever asked.
"Of course. I would never keep you from seeing your children, Dominic. This has nothing to do with them." I was frowning and my chest was aching. Maybe it was from his absence.
"I can't do this Amelia. I can not sleep without you babe." He groaned over the other end. I close my eyes for a brief moment.
"I have to go. Goodnight." I hung up my cell and silenced it before placing it onto the nightstand. I crawled under the comforter and for the first time in seven days I actually cried myself to sleep.
~
"You are a lifesaver. Thank you so much for watching the boys this past week and helping me decorate." I took the platter of uncooked steaks from Sarah Thomsin so my father and my brother could cook them on the grill.
"Oh, it's no problem at all. Anytime you need anything Dont be afraid to ask." She said, placing her hand on my arm and giving it a little pat.
"Thank you." I gave my friend another smile before heading out onto the back patio where all of our guests were. Caitlin, my niece, Sean and Michael as well as a few other neighborhood kids were playing in our poor. My sister-in-law, Catherine, was supervising. Her long blonde hair was pulled into a pony and she wore designer shades. She sure did have a ball spending my brothers money. But he insisted.
"Here you go daddy." I sat the platter on the grill and grabbed the already done hotdog and hamburgers.
"Amelia." I turned around at the sound of my mothers voice. It was crazy how I looked like a younger version of her. She was sitting down in a patio chair. "Where is my son-in-law?" She asked with a frown on her face.
"Um...He's still at the office. Im sure he'll be here soon." I forced a smile before continuing on into the house. I hated having to lie to my mother. In that moment I seriously hated Chloe.
I stuck the food in the oven to stay hot and opened the cabinet to grab the plastic birthday plates Mikey and Sean chose at the store. Mickey Mouse and SpongeBob. That's s what happens when you have two totally different children.
"Need any help?" Dominic's voice came from behind me so suddenly in the quiet house. I almost jumped out of my skin. I turned ground with my hand on my chest.
"You scared me." My heart was pounding in my chest and my breathing fast.
"Im sorry." I watched him walk around the island in the middle of the kitchen floor and come to stand in front of me. The blue silk button up he had on made his eyes brighter the usual dark blue that the were. His black slacks were pressed and the black loafers he wore matched everything perfectly.
I blushed when he noticed me checking him out and smirked down at me.
"Uh...no I Dont need help." I looked away from him to pick up the stack of plates. "Just taking these plates outside." my voice cracked a little. I was on edge, nervous as hell. It was understandable, Dominic made me nervous, gave me butterflies. That was only one of many reason why I love him.
"You look amazing." Dominic said quietly, his eyes searched my face as if he were looking for  something. Anything. "I wanna kiss you." He places his hand on my cheek and stares at my mouth.
"Dominic-" I moved my head so that he wasn't touching me and looked down. I couldn't do any of that yet.
"You're fucking killing me Amelia. I can't live without you. Ill sleep on the couch. Its better then half way across the city." I knew all of that was true but I shook my head at him.
"I don't want to talk about this right now. I can't. " I shook my head again and turned around to leave but he grabbed my arm, stopping me.
"Why? And That's not a surprise. You haven't wanted to talk about shit lately. Think maybe that's  our problem? " His jaw was set and he was frowning at me.
"Because our babies turned three today. Its their day. Its about them not you. Or me or any of this." I  shrugged. Dominic just dropped my arm and nodded his head. We stared at one each other for a minute longer before I turned and went outside.
~Dominic~
She was right. It was about Sean and Michael today, not me. I wasn't feeling anything. Or paying attention. Everyone ate and then we sang them Happy Birthday before everyone moved inside for presents.
I couldn't stop staring at my wife in her loose red dress that went to mid thigh and a nice pair of stilettos that I never wanted her to take off. Her thick long curls was one of my biggest weaknesses. I could imagine how it felt  sprawled out on my chest...
I wanted her to fucking let me talk to her. God, Amelia was... is a stubborn woman. 
"What did you do?" I was so lost in thought I didn't  noticed Mrs. Taylor had come to stand beside me.
"Pardon?" My eyebrow lifted at the small woman who looked like an older version of my wife.
"What did you do to get kicked out of the house?"  It was her turn to raise a brow. I swear this woman knew everything. I wasn't gonna tell her what had happened. This whole situation was a misunderstanding.
"Ah..." I looked back at Amelia, sitting with our twins on the beautifully designed rug she had chosen soon after we'd  moved in.
I didn't want to lie to Amelia's mother so I didn't say anything further.
"Let me give you a piece of advise." I looked back down at my mother-in-law.
"Please Dont say apologize." She frowned at me before continuing,
"Jewelry always helps, trust me I know from experience. Something shiny and expensive." She finally said in a low voice before walking away and having a seat beside her husband.
Well...
Looks like I would be making a stop at the jewelry parlor. If she wouldn't let me express my love with words, it would just have to be gifts. ~Amelia~
Dominic stayed until every guest left so that no one knew he wasn't staying here. The whole situation was exhausting and...sad.
While I cleaned up on the patio he bathed the boys and put them to bed, which I was so thankful for.
When the trash was cleaned up I moved to the kitchen, then the living room.
"They had fun huh?" I looked up at the sound of Dominic's voice. He was standing in the doorway, watching me.
"Yea they did." I smiled remembering how their faces lit up at all the new gifts. They were my world.
"I should probably get going." Dominic said after a long stretch of silence. He sounded drained, especially empty. I couldn't help feeling like a total bitch.
"Yea." Is all I said, rearranging the throw pillows for the couch. I didn't want to stand there and stare at one another. I seen from the corner of my eye Dominic walk over to me.
"Amelia." I ignored him and redid the pillows. Why the fuck did I have terrible conversation skills? "Amelia, look at me." He said,  put his finger under my chin and turned my face upward to look at him. "Why Dont you do this tomorrow? Go rest."
"You're probably right." I studied his handsome features while his eyes jumped between my mouth and my eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, biting my lip. I shouldn't have asked because I knew why.
"Like what baby?" He murmured but before I could answer him he took my face in his hands and lowered his lips onto mine. I didn't try to fight it. He pushed his tongue past my lips, deepening the kiss. It stirred something inside of me and as if Dominic knew, he groaned.
"I just really...needed that." He panted against my lips. I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest. He smelled so good and felt so good. The erection that pressed onto my belly was undeniable. Finally we parted.
"I love you." He said and kissed me again, quickly.
"I love you too."
"Night." As I watched him walk to the front door I couldn't help but feel utterly alone.
-----------------------
Leave me comments & Votes
Lu 💋