Partners

Fifth Year

Rose was not looking forward to tonight. She and Scorpius were assigned to write a paper together for potions class. What essays had to do with potions, she would never know.

She paced the floor of her Gryffindor quarters, her cousin Lily sitting on her bunk.

"Let me get this straight, Rose. You have to go to Scorpius Malfoy's quarters after hours just to write a paper with him?" Lily raised an eyebrow.

"It's not that I want to!" I sighed, exasperated. "Our schedules are too busy to do it any other time."

"At least he's handsome," Lily replied. This statement caught Rose off guard.

"What do you mean he's handsome?" Rose had never really thought about it before. Her father had warned her to stay away from the Malfoy, so she did.

"Well," Lily said, "he's got perfect blonde hair, nice gray eyes, and he is muscular and tall..." She swooned.

Rose rolled her eyes at her cousin, but really, she knew she was right. He was hot.
"Whatever. I'm going now."

"Don't get caught!" Lily warned. "It's late, so you will get punished even worse if you are seen alone with him at this hour."

"I'll try my best," Rose laughed.

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*

Rose was about to knock on the doors to the Slytherin common room, then realized she would wake up the entire house.

Oh, drat. She thought. What's their password?

Luckily she didn't have to guess. Scorpius Malfoy opened the doors and put a finger to his lips. Rose wasn't surprised to see him in his pajamas at this hour. "Hurry," he whispered. They quickly ran up the steps to his quarters.

"Where's my cousin, Albus?" I asked.

"He's worried about his O.W.L.s," Scorpius said. "He's been studying in the library all night every night for the past week."

"All right, then. Let's get started."

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*
The essay was short, so it only took them a couple hours to write. Rose was surprised to find that Scorpius had a lot of smart ideas, even though he threw in many sarcastic smirks.

Right when she was about to leave, they heard voices in the hallway. Rose froze. They seemed to be coming closer.

"I can't tell who's out there," Scorpius whispered.

Just then, the doorknob started to turn.

"Get in my bed. Now," Scorpius whispered.

If he were saying that for any other reason, Rose would have been appalled. But for now, she obliged without complaint.

Under his sheets, she could feel how her body was pressed against his. Her chest against his muscular abdomen.

Her thoughts trailed to the beginning of first year, her father telling her not to get too close to this boy. Oh, if he could only see us now.

She almost laughed.

Albus flew into the room with a friend. They were whispering and sat down on Albus's bed. It was James with him.

"Thanks for helping me study," Albus said.

"This last section should only take an hour or so to study," James replied.

Scorpius's body tensed. Rose silently cursed herself. She really wished she stayed in her dorm tonight. It seems that she would be here for a while.

Oh joy.

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*

She didn't mean to fall asleep. She really didn't. But Rose was so comfortable. Her legs were wrapped around a warm, muscular body with am arm holding her close. When her eyes fluttered open, she freaked out.

For a minute Scorpius looked so peaceful, but then he woke up too. He cursed under his breath.

They looked up to see Albus standing there, a look of horror on his face.

"Oh. Oh you- you are in so much trouble," he stammered.