Chapter 27

Feather After // Chapter 27 // Key To My Heart

Aria's POV

With my head bowed and Ignatius beside me, we stood together facing our new English teacher, Mrs. Jones who stared at us like she wanted to eat us. Even with my head down I could feel her burning holes on my body with my specs at the bridge of my nose, even if they were at the verge of falling down, I couldn't gather the courage to pull them up.

"Well, you two. I have thought of great punishment for you two. I'm keen on setting an example for the other students in the class so they don't disobey me like you two, rockets!" She said and I think she almost roared. Her eyes glittered with mischievousness and all I could do was shiver under her gaze.

She asked us to walk behind her as she walked past the school halls and finally reached the library. The same library that I had loved so much but I haven't had the time to collect the poem that I had felt. The last few days had not exactly been the easiest days for me because of all the havoc going in my life. I wanted an easy life but then look how my life had turned out to be.

Mrs. Jones looked at the librarian who stood up seeing us approaching her. The librarian and Mrs. Jones greeted each other with side hugs and then to my utter surprise Mrs. Jones grabbed the librarian's hand as she informed her, "I found the two volunteers who would like to help you with the rearrangement of the library books and they seem to be very enthusiastic about helping you. I'm sure they won't cause any trouble," she said and glared at us, looked back at her and continued, "but if they do, you know where to find me." With that, she turned around and walked out of the library leaving a very shocked Ignatius and me behind.

The librarian looked at us and told us what we had to so. The work seemed pretty easy but I was pretty sure Ignatius didn't like it much. Not that he told me, he didn't. But then I just kind of had a feeling that he didn't. I mean he was a bad boy, I don't think that he even read books.

The work was pretty simple. We had to take out all the romance novels and then put them according to the author of the book. It seemed to be very easy but I knew it wasn't. With Ignatius, everything was different and at some point in time, very difficult. Ignatius was the storm, I didn't want in my life but now, I had started loving the Storm. There were some parts in me which wanted to believe in the rainbows after the storm and some in the destruction it caused.

"What is the difference between a feminist and a baby?" I heard his voice boom in my ear. His voice with a thick baritone caused a shiver to run down my spine. I looked at him and saw him standing very close to me. I could easily fit in his tall, well-built frame but I just pretended that I had not thought about it.

"Well, I don't know, why don't you tell me?" I asked while trying to pick up the bundle of books.

"A baby eventually stops crying," he told me and rolled his eyes. I couldn't believe what he had said. A bubble of laugh left my mouth and I smiled at him. His jokes were not that bad. They were lame, cheesy yet quite funny.

He looked at me with horror laced on his face, "aren't you angry or something?" He asked and looked at me. His eyes could literally pour into my soul. I didn't want to look in his eye because I feared that he would be able to read my soul and know whatever was hidden in there.

"No, I don't mind, I mean yeah, I'm pretty okay with it. These are just opinions you know, strangely no having an opinion is an opinion itself. Like I want equality, if women can work, then men can cry and put nail polish, you see no harm at all." I started arranging the books in order. I knew he was looking at me and I tried my best to not show how affected I was, in his presence. All the blood cells in my body were suddenly aware of his presence and I fuçking hated it. I hated my brain and especially my heart for falling for something which I knew would only cause me pain. And the strange part was, my heart was ready to take the pain thinking of it as, love.

"Wow! You're so different," he sat and sat down next to me. He took some books from the pile of books and started arranging them, and my heart skipped a beat when his hands brushed past mine and when he said I was different.

I didn't say anything and I just continued doing what I was doing. I wanted to finish this as soon as I could and then I wanted to leave. Because being in his presence was so very dangerous for me. Soon I was so busy arranging the books then I didn't even notice the time that had flown by. The librarian came to us and stood behind us. I didn't notice her presence until she cleared her throat. I turned to look at her while Ignatius stood up.

"Here are the spare keys to the library. I'm going to close it in a few minutes use the washroom if you want to and use the spare keys to come out of the library," she told us and handed the keys to Ignatius. He took it and we continued with the work because apparently, we both didn't want to use the washroom.

"You seem to be a workaholic but I'm not. I need some water and I'll be back. Do you want something?" He said and brushed his hands in his black skin tight pants. I don't know about anything but his legs were definitely Tumblr worthy.

"No, I'm fine Thank-you. I really want to finish it as soon as I can," I got down to work and pretended to be very busy while he walked out of the library. So as soon as he was gone, I opened the page of the poetry which I had hidden in my pocket. I opened it and it read,

I tried to make your days, colorful.

Even when mine was blue.

Wiped your tears,

Even when I couldn't stop mine too.

Motivated you to do things,

When I was deprived of hope too.

That's what I had written because I had been very hope deprived. I continued reading the poem and my eyes met the curve of the perfect strokes.

Everyone does that for everyone.

You do it for him,

He does it for her.

Someone does it for you,

Open your eyes, and see.

Please don't weep.

You cry for him,

He cries for her,

Someone cries for you too.

It's about finding that someone,

Because that someone is the one.

Well, wasn't the writer the best? I slide the paper back in the book while I tried to look as normal as possible. I turned around to look at the watch of the library. It was 8:30 and finally Ignatius was back. He handed me the water bottle while we watched as the librarian closed us in the library.

In half an hour I was done and I asked Ignatius to open the library gate so that we could leave, and to my surprise, Ignatius did not have the key.

"What have you done?" I looked at him and rolled my eyes. I wanted to get angry on him but I couldn't.

"I don't know, I kept it in my pocket and it's not here!" He examined and then continued, "I guess it's just you and me, bub."

"Oh, don't get all horny on me."

Well, I guess I was stuck in the library with a horny guy.