Appendix/When neighbours call

Jenny lent over the edge of the bed and yawned.

"What's up pixel?" she said to the Roomba under her bed.

Pixel wiggled in acknowledgement as it went under the bed hunting for the last iota of dust. Jenny looked around. She was in room 404 of Rockwood's palace having a leisurely morning as she was having her three days off from being 'leader of the revolution' job share.

Suddenly there was an alarm noise.

"F**K F**K where is my collar?" said Jenny looking around. She scrambled to the side of the bed were her secret detachable collar was on it's stand charging. No one except Rockwood and occasionally little Jenny ( who gave her the collar ) saw Jenny without her collar. In Rockwood hall she always wore it even before the other slaves because it would look so unfair if she could do what everyone could not. Jenny dived under the bed sheets and hid while she put it on.

/The set of the book Gravity(Atlanta)
"Where are we going?" said Scarlett to Kentro as they walked into the flat opposite Scarlett's in the muses.

"If madam would just come this way I believe she would discover something to her advantage" said Kentro.

"Wow! check out the design. This flat has had a total make over Bud" said Scarlett. Scarlett looked around and then looked at the skyline. She popped her head back to the other side of the door way and looked at the Atlanta skyline.

"Err what's going on" said Scarlett.

While she asked she noticed a body hiding under the silk sheets.

"This is Mr Adams and Miss Moreau's private doorway back to their last book" said Kentro.

Scarlett walked into the grand space which was room 404.

"Hey nice place you got here," said Scarlett to the body under the bed.

Having been found out Jenny emerged.

"Rockwood is out master. Are you a cyborg or a slave err mistress?" said Jenny.

"Neither the last time I looked, are you?" said Scarlett.

"If I may madam. "Kentro began "My I introduce Jenny Banks heroine of the first book 'I'm a cyborg's pet' and She lives in a world of 2018 where robots have taken over and rule the world putting all the people into slavery. Miss Banks may I introduce Miss Scarlett Lilly Banks main character of the new book Gravity. A world set in 2116 where robots don't take over the world"

"Oh your from another book" said Jenny suddenly realising "that explains the lack of a collar"

"Nice place" said Scarlett looking around "I guess you're big into minimalism"

"Yeh, RK said film producers like to have books with less in - it's cheaper to make the sets" said Jenny " Its OK it will do until the sequel happens"

Scarlett walked across the large open space until she approached Jenny near some chairs. Jenny hugged Scarlett.

"You're a very touchy feely lot here aren't' you?" said Scarlet.

"It's a slave thing," said Jenny. "do sit down"

she moved her lips and a chair emerged from the walls and wheeled its self towards them. Scarlett sat down.

"Fancy. You must tell me how you do that some time" said Scarlet.

"Slave collar" said Jenny "did RK give you any cool gear in your book?"

Scarlett tilted her head back and forwards "Not much smart earrings and a robot called Kentro"

Jenny sat back "Owning a robot that is so weird, does he drink your blood?"

"No , well if he does I haven't noticed the holes" said Scarlet.

"So you live 100 years after me, and you're a Banks. So I'm wondering if you're in the same universe as me" said Jenny.

"I'm not sure." said Scarlet leaning back in her chair " Reb hasn't said anything about it. In my world Humanity has been on mars for a good 70 years. The earth has been largely de-populated. I've been to the house of my late great grandmother which wasn't you. "

"Well in theory in my cyborg form I'm not going to die, but we both look like Alice Eve" Jenny said.

"Yeah,I'll put it down to lack of imagination." said Scarlet.

"I think Miss Banks has something of importance to disclose to you" said Kentro.

Both girls looked confused "Oh you mean me?" said Jenny.

Jenny looked up think.

"What could it be... oh right the obvious stuff. Well I don't want to worry you but there is something you should know about RK" Jenny began tactfully.

"If it's he farts in his pants and pretends it didn't happen I know" said Scarlet.

Jenny laughed "No, it's .. RK he's a rogue writer. RK has habit of killing off his main characters"

Scarlet's eyes opened "Your kidding bud" she said.

"He was trying to kill me all the way through I'm a cyborg's pet. Eventually Reb did an intervention and he signed a pledge not to do so. That just made things worse. He symbolically killed me in the first book then in the cyborg's daughter he kills me properly, 'coz it wasn't in pet' and then brings me back to life"

"Wow that's pretty ruthless" said Scarlett.

"I think it's the whole - there is no rule in writing I will not break nature of the duo. Has he got you doing anything well how can I say this...dangerous?" said Jenny leading in.

"hmm how you mention it I am in to Parkour" Scarlett looked down then up.

"Aha" said Jenny.

"but I'm afraid of heights" said Scarlett.

Kentro drifted out exploring the other rooms.

"How can you be into Parkour and afraid of heights?" said Jenny.

Scarlett waved her head. "It's mostly more like urban gymnastics you can do a lot at ground level but yeh I like doing dangerous stuff."

"I'm really jealous, I don't have any fun hobbies as a character goes I'm really dull by comparison" Jenny said pouring more coffee. "I'm just saying you be careful. don't worry much about it. How's the plot going? Met any nice boys yet?"

"Me ? No. I've met a black goth call Leo, a tom boy called George, a completely detestable hustler called Dante" complained Scarlett "This dystopian, comedy, Scifi, romance sure is short on the romance stuff"

"Don't worry about it. I didn't meet Rockwood until chapter 28 so you have a lot of time" said Jenny.

"OK any other advice?" said Scarlett.

"Not much. The problem with first person books is you have to be on set pretty much all the time. the other characters get a rest but your always in demand. So get as much rest as you can. Though I'm really making up for lost time here in the happy ever after. I have plenty of time going to see RK write Captain Kitty Hawk."

"Yeh I'd love time to go and see other books... Hey you know what would be fun?" said Scarlett.

"What?" said Jenny.

"We both look like Alice eve. With out all that make up on I bet you could pass for me. How about we swap one morning. You can sass can't you"

"Sure." said Jenny.

Kentro came in.

"It's most strange madam. All the characters in this book keep bowing to me"

"Don't get used to it" said Scarlett. "So we swap you get to do a chapter. I get to go off watch Captain Kitty Hawk and we see if the readers or RK notice" said Scarlett.

"Hmm tempting." said Jenny. "RK would blow his top if he found out"

"Yep" said Scartlett "What's the worse he can do kill you?"

"Insert evil laugh here" said Jenny.

The girls giggled.