The Hoodie Girl

"We put on a fake smile to hide the pain, yet we wish someone would look closely enough and see how broken we really are inside."

Socially awkward is a phrase that she'd use to describe herself.

Meet Wren Martin. She blocks off herself to the world, hiding behind her favorite hoodie, believing that if she does this, her agonizing pain will never resurface - that tears and nightmares will be a thing of the past.

When she arrives at her over-the-top high school, however, certain circumstances lead to her meeting the school's most popular and notorious boy, Asher Reed, who has his mind set to change everything she stands for, and save her along the way.

Author: yuenwrites

Rating: 10/10

Review: Freaking gem! A shining gem in an array of rocks is how I'd describe this book. I've read so much in the past two weeks but not many have shone to me and the ones that did got a place here, and The Hoodie Girl certainly earned itself one. Everything from teenage angst, humour, romance, love of food and sleep, family relations etc... is found here and by god it's good. Wren and Asher are your classic fictional couple but they're the reason you're going to want to read it. Yes, it may be acliché in some aspects but damn, this Bucket List Book is a phenomenal cliché.

ONGOING