Chapter 8

(A brief time skip to the end of Book 2 Earth. I'm not entirely sure what all happened because I watched it ALONG time ago. But basically we're now at the part where Azula, Zuko's sister, showed up and killed Aang. So this is also after Zhao was stopped and sent to his doom in the spirit world.)

Zuko and his sister arrive back on the ship. Zuko appears as if he hasn't really got any idea what just happened but he isn't protesting anything either. He says a few words to his sister and then quickly runs to his room to tell Hana that he was now able to return home.

Azula is curious about what Zuko could possibly be so excited about so secretly she follows him.

"Hana." Zuko says as he opens the door. "I'm not sure exactly what happened, but Azula killed the avatar and offered a good word for me so I can return home."

Hana stares at Zuko eyes wide. "The avatar... is dead!?"

Zuko frowns. "Yeah I think so... she got him pretty good I don't think there is any way he could have survived that... that isn't the point."

"Who is this?" Azula questions sneaking up behind Zuko. "You have a slave in your room?"

"Hana isn't a slave." Zuko frowns. "You better not treat her like one either." He turns back to Hana. "This is my sister Azula."

'The fire nation princess...' Hana bites her lower lip. 'She killed the avatar... I should be respectful if I want to live.' Hana stands up and bows slightly. "Pleasure."

Azula looks at Zuko. "How did you manage to find a firebender chick in the earth nation?"

Zuko rubs the back of his neck. "Well you see the thing is... she isn't really a firebender."

"No?" Azula raises an eyebrow. "Just who is she then?"

"Waterbender..." Zuko mumbles and holds Hana's hand. "I don't care if you don't approve of my friends. I'm not going without her."

"I don't think father would be very happy about this." Azula shrugs. "But it is your life. Fine she can come along I guess."

-Later-

In the fire nation at the palace Zuko is led by some guards to a room where he speaks along with his father, while Hana is left to visit with Azula.

Azula smirks with her hand on her hip. "I don't really see what's so special about you waterbender. Why does my brother like you so much?"

"I think He started to like me when I got a burn..." Hana looks at her wrist where the red mark still shows signs that she had been burned badly not long ago.

"Burned?" Azula raises and eyebrow. "Who burned your wrist?"

"Zhao." Hana sighs.

"Oh? Tell me more." Azula seems generally interested in this conversation now. 'She was able to fight Zhao and not die I'd like to hear this story.'

"Well it was right after Zuko's men had caught me. I was recovering from diving underwater to unjam the ships propellers. Zhao showed up. I'm not exactly sure what he and Zuko were arguing about but they got in a fight and ended up in a duel."

"Sacred fire nation duel Agni Kai." Azula nods. "One on one to the death most of the time."

"Zuko won the duel but instead of killing Zhao he claimed victory and told Zhao to get off his ship." Hana continues.

"I bet Zhao didn't like that too much." Azula frowns.

"No. he tried to attack Zuko while his back was turned." Hana sighs. "I just reacted in the moment to stop Zhao. Because attacking an opponent from the back is disgraceful. He growled at me for getting in the way and burned my wrist."

Azula nods. "I see. Well then I suppose Zuko owes you a bit of gratitude for saving him. I've tried to tell him it's unwise to turn your back on an opponent. He doesn't listen to me though." She shrugs.

"Hana." Zuko mumbles from the doorway. "My father isn't happy but he's agreed to let me do what I want."

Hana turns to Zuko and smiles. "Then I don't have to leave?"

Zuko smiles and walks into the room. "Yeah." he looks at Azula. "You're not bothering Hana are you Azula?"

Azula smirks. "No of course not. I was just talking to her about her waterbending."

Zuko nods and looks at Hana. "Have you shown her your ice sculpting yet?"

"No not yet." Hana smiles.

Azula looks at the two confused. "Ice sculpting?"

Zuko nods. "Yeah she's very skilled in this new art she's created being able to perfectly copy anything out of ice." He looks at Hana. "Show her."

Hana stands up and uses both hands to form a pillar of water on top of the table.

Azula watches the water become the figure of herself and then slowly turn to ice. "Oh..."

-Later-

Zuko is content with being back home just like he had always wanted though he still wasn't completely happy. His little solace came from hanging out with Hana. As long as she was there nothing else mattered. Zuko goes to his room and Hana goes to a different room near the staff rooms where the fire lord had said she could stay.

However upon entering the room she is ambushed from behind. A bag is placed over her head and her arms are tied behind her. "Wait what's going on!?"

-Later-

The bond is removed from her arms and she is pushed to the ground. She pulls the bag off her head and frowns up at the guards. "What was all that about!?"

"By the order of the fire lord you are banished from this place. Should you return the penalty will be immediate death." The guard says before turning and walking back the way they had come from.

"What!?" Hana stands up and stares after them. "There must be a mistake!"

They don't answer instead they leave her there alone.

"I can't go back..." Hana frowns. "Zuko will be furious when he finds out about this." Hana frowns and slumps to the ground. 'Finding the avatar was always his priority. He was ok being my friend maybe he won't care... all that mattered was his return to the fire nation... maybe he won't even notice my disappearance.'

"Are you alright?" A girl with long brown hair tied up over her head smiles slightly. "I saw what happened."

Hana turns around to face the girl. "Yeah I'm ok..." she pauses for a moment and stares at the firebender. "Katara?"