TWELVE: Minnesota➯California

☀︎︎Kimmy's P.O.V☀︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groaned, hitting my alarm clock with a fist to get the annoying blare to stop. It was about 3:40 am, way too early for my liking. I tiredly rubbed at my eyes, trying to wake myself a bit more, sitting up on my bed and stretching my arms out feeling a nice stretch in my back and shoulders. I sighed in content as I sat, pondering for a couple of minutes before deciding that I should start getting ready for the long flight ahead of me.

After I finished getting dressed and got done using the bathroom, I grabbed all of my bags before heading downstairs. I set my bags down near the front door, quietly creeping into our dining room as Averman was asleep on our couch, snuggled into a blanket and all of his belongings placed in front of him.

As I peeked around the corner, I saw Connie and Guy sitting next to each other at the dining room table, eating breakfast sandwich's that were put in the middle of the table for us.

I grabbed one, sitting down in my chair, "Mornin', guys." I said, groggily.

"Morning." They replied.

The only sound was coming from us chewing our prepped breakfast, not wanting to disturb the redhead snoring away on the soft couch. After finishing my quick breakfast, I headed over to the kitchen, scooping Tango's food and pouring it into his bowl before we had to would leave for the airport.

Suddenly, mom and dad came rushing downstairs. I left the kitchen and went into the living room to awake my childhood friend. My parents passed me, grabbing whatever they needed and prepared us to start heading out to the awaiting car. I hovered over the boy, slightly hesitant to wake him as he looked so peaceful.

"Averman?" I spoke softly, placing my hand on his arm.

He didn't move or speak and I sighed. My sister stood next to me, suddenly pulling the blanket causing him to fall onto the hard floor, startled at his rude awakening.

"Connie!" I hissed, glaring at my smirking older sister who then made her way out the door with everyone else.

I shook my head and helped Averman off of the floor, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm alright!" He said, sending me a small smile.

I helped him bring his bags outside, seeing that my dad had already taken mine, "What time did you get here? I thought you said you didn't need a ride."