- CHAPTER 3 -

CHARLIE CURIOUSLY watched as the girl exited the doors room and followed after her. What could she possibly be doing at this hour? He slowly tip toed as he noticed that he was now in the corridor that lead to  the library.

The girl stopped at the door to the library, she looked to her left and then her right checking if anyone was there. This gave Charlie a clear glimpse of her face, and to his surprise, it was Alice.

He hid behind the corner of the corridor and watched as Alice opened the library door. Once she entered, Charlie left his hiding spot and slipped in to the library.

He once again hid behind the corner of a shelf and watched as Alice approached the restricted section. She trailed her fingers across the books until she pulled one out. He watched as she blew the dust off the book and opened it.

Charlie's legs were starting to become weaker as sleep was catching up to him. He rapidly blinked a couple of times trying to stop himself from falling asleep when he caught Alice leave the library with a book.

He waited for a minute, to make sure that Alice wouldn't catch him, and exited the library. He closed the library door behind him but gasped when he caught sight of blonde hair.

"Why are you following me?" She inquired. Charlie didn't answer and instead let out a nervous chuckle. "Well I er-" he tried his best to come up with an excuse when he heard a hissing sound.

"Mrs Norris!" The two, upon seeing Filch's tabby cat, whispered in unison. "Follow me" Charlie said, invasively grabbing her wrist and dragging her along.

He brought her to the trophy room and motioned her to stay still. "He's obviously going to catch us" Alice hissed at him whilst rollin her eyes. She was about to hiss again when Charlie placed his hand back on her mouth again whilst shushing her.

The two listened intently and held their breath. Once they could no longer hear the sound of paws patting, they let out a huge breath. "That was close." Charlie exclaimed as he turned to Alice, only to find her missing.

♞♞♞

Much to Alice's delight, the next day was Saturday and that meant no lessons. She waited for girls she shared a room with to leave and once they did she pulled her book out.

She turned to the index and ran her hands across the dusty pages until she found the word 'Unicorn' and the page '189' labelled next to it. She quickly turned to that page and gasped upon reading the first line.

'Unicorn's are commonly known for their Horns but their blood is of much more value when used correctly'

Who would want to kill such a majestical creature for their blood? Alice pondered that thought for a moment before remembering what Hagrid had said. There was something killing the unicorns.

If unicorn blood was of value, maybe that was why the unicorns were getting killed? Alice read further on and the wider her eyes got with each following word.

'Unicorn blood has the ability to derive life from death once it had been drunk but at a distressing price. The life which has been derived will be cursed'

Alice shuddered at the thought of someone drinking the blood from a poor unicorn. Someone who must have not cared enough to have a cursed life.

She ripped a page from the book, even though she knew better to do, and grabbed her boots before she went of on a trek to Hagrid's but.

She had the page tucked in her fist, walking at a ferocious speed not caring for whatever that was in her way. That was until she crashed in to someone and fell on to the floor.

She touched her temple where she had bumped in to the person, knowing well enough that there would soon be a bruise there. "We really should stop meeting like this." She looked up, seeing the boy from the night before.

She rolled her eyes and pulled her self off the ground, dusting herself off. "That is if your not stalking me," she retorted before walking part him, but much to her dismay the boy was persistent.

"I was not stalking you," replied Charlie nonchalantly, making Alice stop. "Then what were you doing hmm?" She retorted, angrily folding her arms across her chest.

"I was exploring the...er library," he replied, this time not as calm as he had anticipated. "At night?" She inquired as she raised a brow, this action only made him snort.

"You were there too. So let me ask you, 'What were you doing in the library late at night?'" He remarked, an amusing grin replacing his annoyed scowl. "I-I have my reasons!" Alice huffed before pulling her arms down by her sides.

"Now, if you'll excuse me I have somewhere to be." And with that final word, she left Charlie alone in the corridor.

________
16/08/16

Sorry for not updating in a while, I was kinda having a writers block. The chapters are short and sucky because I've been really busy.

I'm also writing a Cedric Diggory fanfic, that is now uploaded

Please vote and comment, I would  really appreciate it!

@cxntaur