Chapter forty one- Deep Sleep

"Are you sure we shouldn't call in the Mage's Association for this? This is getting really serious..."

Alibaba shook his head, "No, I'm sure that'd only make things worse."

Sheba frowned, shifting her weight between her feet from where she stood in the doorway of their guest room, Alibaba and Morgiana lying on the large bed both covered in bandages. Sighing, Sheba entered the room completely and sat on a nearby chair. "They're really making this personal aren't they? Attacking you out of the blue like that...and what Arba did to Hakuryuu's family..."

"Yeah..." Alibaba agreed quietly. Sheba had used healing magic on both Alibaba and Morgiana, yet their wounds weren't completely healed, and it would be a while longer before they were fit to fight again. In the meantime, Alibaba wanted to devise a plan to take out Sinbad and Archer, as well as Arba if Hakuryuu asked for his help. He knew Hakuryuu wanted to deal with Arba himself, but going against her alone would be suicidal. He would probably have Judar's help, though...

Alibaba didn't like Judar, but he really didn't know what Arba had done to him, and by how badly Hakuryuu had wanted to tell Judar the news of Gyokuen, clearly it had to be something life-changing and awful. There was a possibility Judar's reasons for fighting for the Grail weren't simply 'because it's fun'. Or at least that's what Alibaba hoped.

"You're not already trying to come up with a plan, are you kid? You should be resting!" Saber nagged, suddenly materializing beside the bed with a serious expression on his face.

"Saber! You haven't talked in hours, what were you doing?!" Alibaba asked worriedly, his ideas for battle momentarily forgotten.

"Sorry, using my Noble Phantasm like that kinda drained me. I'm fine now, though," Saber shrugged apologetically, walking to lean against the wall behind him. He looked to Morgiana, who was sound asleep beside Alibaba. "How's the girl?"

Alibaba followed the servant's gaze, "She's alright... She wants to keep helping us but I'm worried all this magic and servant business is too much for her..."

"Is she a mage?" Sheba asked, her hands folded neatly in her lap and a curious yet worried expression on her features.

"No, she's not," Alibaba replied. "She's trained in fighting, though it's not exactly useful in a fight against magic..."

Sheba hummed in thought, then smiled, "You never know... I'm sure we'll find a way to use her strength in the future as well!"

Alibaba returned her grin, "I hope so..."

"Yeah, but for now you guys need to rest," Saber reminded. "Let the adults handle the planning and strategizing for a while."

"Speaking of which, I'm sure Solomon would like to talk with you, Saber," Standing, Sheba folded her arms behind her back. "If it's alright with you, of course, Alibaba-kun."

"Ah, yeah, sure," Alibaba nodded, and let himself relax as he watched Sheba and Theseus leave the room. Laying his head back on the pillow he sighed; let the adults handle the planning and strategizing... Why not? He could feel his eyes growing heavier and heavier until he finally succumbed to sleep, drifting off into a dream far longer and deeper than anyone could have planned for.

~

Author's Note-

I'm sorry I know it's shitty how it's been like a month or more and I just come back posting all of 500 words but I'll make the next chapter much longer I promise ok

It'll be about Kouen/Caster and Muu/Rider as well :3