s*t*a*r*s 4 - pt 68 - s4-finale

Start from the beginning

            “I’ll be fine,” says Jo from the door of the patio, her blonde hair shimmering in the light, eyes clear, but squinting.  “You ready doc?” asks Jo, winking at Bev who gets up and hugs Jo lightly.  The cast a blazing green as Jo and Bev led Darci back into Bev’s bedroom.  Bev thinks it is cute that Jo had picked a color so childlike.

            “You mind if we have a few minutes?” asks Darci as they enter the room, Jo turns, a quizzical look on her face for a moment.

            Bev looks back to Jo, who nods, getting a kiss from Bev, lingering for a minute, “I’ll be okay, she’s not gonna kill me.”

            “I’m not going to kill her,” added Darci with a reassuring smile. 

            Bev licks her lips, then exits the room, leaving the door ajar, and heading into the living room to wait, nervous and worried.  Jo closes her eyes, reaching out to Bev, feeling her trepidation at Jo being away from her side.  This only makes Jo smile.

            “So you couldn’t do this with Bev in the room?” asks Jo as she sits on the bed, Darci looks around the room, seeing a pair of Jo’s sneakers at the foot of the bed, knowing they are Jo’s because they are so small.  She looks at her hands and shrugging at the question.

            “I’m sorry for being so angry at you all this time.  I just realized why you used the blade the first time, so that you could have Spencer and not pass on the vampire strand to her.  You didn’t know that she didn’t have a body at the time, god that’s weird to say.  I didn’t realize but this time you didn’t have too, we could have figured out another way,” says Darci swallowing her pride, Jo has never judged her, yet, Darci hadn’t returned the favor when Jo’d needed her too.

            Jo pats the bed next to her, and Darci sits, “Oui, I did use the blade for that reason, but…  I didn’t use it this time just because of the FBI thing…,” admits Jo with a grimace, her face more serious than Darci’s ever seen it.

            “What?”

            “You saw that woman out there?” asks Jo, thumbing towards the door of the room.  Darci rolls her eyes at Jo.  “I love her, and even when I’m vamped out, I can’t love her totally, she accepted me, amber eyes and all, it didn’t matter to her.  Now, I can love her the way I want too.”

            “You… you did this on purpose?  You could have died Jo, there is no guarantee that it would have worked, you are going to change again, what then?  What would you have done if this hadn’t worked, and it had killed all of your DNA?”

            “Died,” says Jo a matter-a-factly.

            “But…,” begins Darci unable to understand that deep love that two people of the same sex share.  Darci has never given into that sort of temptation.  It is something she’s always battled, struggled with, accepting Jo and Amy, and then when Jo’d disappeared, Darci had been relieved in a way. 

            “She’s worth it,” says Jo softly.  “Our love is worth it, and I know the minute you assess me, you’re going to tell me that I’m human again, because no more changing eye color, no more blood lust, just…  me, like I is before this happened to me.  Like in the other reality, human, just so totally human….”

            Darci says nothing, biting her full lip, putting her hand on Jo’s leg, letting her own power course through Jo, concentrating on the broken leg and mending it in moments.  Letting her touch linger for an eternity, “Are you sure that she’s worth it?”