Chapter 5

Chapter 5

                “Did I tell you or what?” Savannah yelled into my ear as she draped her arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to her. The small gesture caused my red solo cup to tilt and splash all over some random guy who had passed by.

                He didn’t even feel as the beer soaked into his sweater. I formed an ‘o’ with my mouth and giggled as I watched him push his way through the crowd, further away from where my best friend and I stood.

                “Holland,” Savannah pressed, her hot breath hit my cheek and I turned to face her, a wide eyed expression had taken over my face.

                “What?” I asked a bit confused.

                What were we talking about again?

                “Didn’t I tell you this party was going to be awesome?!”

                I stared at my best friend, and felt a goofy smile take over my face. “Nope,” I began as I swayed on my feet. “You said you had a feeling we were going to end the year with a bang!”

                It took her awhile before she replied, her words slurred together.

                “You want to bang?” she asked, her big eyes grew wide and suddenly her eyebrows furrowed together. “I don’t roll like that, babe! I’m strictly dick-ily.”

                In my state, instead of retaliating with a smartass comment, I stared at my best friend and busted out laughing. I barked out a laugh and threw my head back. Although the music was pretty damn loud, a few people looked over and gave us odd stares but I didn’t care. I was having fun, and they could go and shag themselves for all I cared.

                What my best friend had said was the most hilarious thing I had heard in forever.

                “Nooooo,” I gasped out through my laughing fit. “I said that you said that you had a fee-,” I stopped and gave her an odd look, my fit of laughter stopped and suddenly I was as serious as ever. “Wait, did you just quote that gay guy from Friends with Benefits?

                Savannah stared at me and tilted her head to the side in a way that reminded me of a confused puppy. “You and Isaac made a movie?” she gasped before she busted out in a fit of laughter. Soon enough we were both laughing in hysterias to the point where I had lost my empty cup and my best friend and I were holding on to each other as if our lives depended on it.

                And although I was drunk off my ass, the small sober part in the back of my mind was shaking her head at me, mumbling, “You drunk bitch.”

++

                Sometime between ten forty-five and eleven thirty, I had sobered up a bit. After Luke had stolen my best friend while I wasn’t looking, I found it pointless to drink anymore. It wasn’t as much fun doing it alone. If I had continued drink all on my own, Savannah would probably find me sitting alone in some empty room staring off into space as I thought about the last two years of my life.

                So instead of drinking straight from the liquor bottle, I drank out of bottled waters. I was dehydrated which meant I was thirsty as hell and within two gulps I had finished yet again another water bottle and heading into the kitchen to grab another one.

                Since Luke had whisked away Savannah, I was forced to walk around the enormous Frat house that I hadn’t been in before. At first, I had been in search for a bathroom but after I realized they were all occupied, I began to look for Isaac. I had seen him earlier when Savannah and I were drowning our livers and kidneys with the amount of liquor we were consuming but in my drunken state I hadn’t thought much of it. I had given him a military salute and winked at him before I turned back to my best friend who had been trying to convince some guy to do the Chicken Dance. Now, when I was in search for him he was nowhere to be found, so after searching both up and downstairs, I gave up and decided I was long overdue for a smoke.