I ruined everything. I was actually happy that I was unconscious half the time because every damn second of my consciousness was spent worrying about my family.

I realised that never in my whole life, have I felt like an outsider, not even when Rachael bullied me for being adopted because twins and I look nothing alike. Needless to say, twins pranked her for me and after that no one dared to point the obvious. Not even me.

I realised that I cared for those people just the way they care for me and blood or not, they are the real family to me. I am so terrified of thinking about dad and Xavier's health. I am so terrified of thinking about how hurt my three brothers will be. I am so terrified of thinking about how much my friends will be hating me.

Will anybody be worried?

I don't think so.

After all, I am a curse.

The urge to burst into tears because of Aiden's words was thrown out of window when Neal broke me out of my trance.

"Oh princess, you've no clue what your brother can do for you."

"I have every clue of what my brothers can do for me."

He chuckled and pinched my cheek mockingly. I struggled with chains to strangle him to death.

"Still playing Astrid, eh Cygnet?"

"I may be Cygnet but nothing can take Astrid out of my soul. Get this through your thick skull." I gritted out in pure rage.

He lifted his hand up. I anticipated another slap and closed my eyes tightly but all that reached my senses was the sound of gunshots.

My eyes snapped open and colour drained from my face as I was torn between happiness and horror.

They came.

But is that a good thing? Because looking at Neal's smirk, it seems like he knew his prey won't be silent in taking the bait.

But he didn't thought that bait will revolt, did he?

Now, that I had backup and full conscious, I showed him how horrible was his mistake to come here alone. Lifting my chained legs up with all the force I could muster, I kicked Neal where the sun doesn't shine. He cursed in pain and dropped on his knees.

"You have no idea about how much I wanted to do that."

I gritted out and before he could say something, I stood up along with my tied hands and torso on chair and spun around, hitting my horrible excuse of an ex-boyfriend in face with metal leg of chair

"You are insanely stupid for someone who intends on running a kingdom."

He called for help but I had a feeling that they are busy dealing with others. He tried to stand up but I fell backwards on him with my chair. Quickly passing my hands from my legs, I untangled my hands from behind the chair.

Pressing the chair tighter on him, I reached for the key of these chains from his neck. He bit my hand and I screamed in pain. He took the advantage and pushed me off him.

I tumbled on my tied legs and hit my head on the floor. Unbearable pain shot through my skull and I hoped that I will pull it through this. He grabbed my hair and yanked me up. I let out a warrior cry and jerked my chained hands in a way that I caged his neck between the chains. He was stretching his hands to reach my body but the chair around my torso was keeping him away. As I felt his fingers brush my skin, I crossed my wrists and tightened chain around his neck even though tears of terror were falling freely off my eyes.

I can't kill someone.

He choked and tried to pry off the chain as he whimpered but I stayed put until the door of this white hell banged open. I almost smiled and jumped in happiness.

Almost.

Because, I didn't.

My brothers were not standing on the door.

An army of 25 people were, with a creepily gorgeous leader.

"You gave the Hunter's a chance to welcome you in Kovorelle. Would you be kind enough to give us the pleasure too, princess?"

I gulped.

"W-Who are you?"

"Elliot." He smirked but his eyes held a look of pure hatred along with something I couldn't pinpoint. He walked towards me like I was his prey. My back hit the wall and he caged me in his arms. My skin crawled in disgust as he slowly slid his palms up my arm then my shoulder to neck and then side of my face before finally covering my mouth and nose with his palm. My eyes widened when I smelled chloroform. The room started spinning and I started losing conscious for nth time as he whispered.

"Cross."

FML.

~~~
CLIFFHANGER!

DID YOU READ THAT?!!!

ALERT! WE'VE A CROSS IN TOWN!!!! TRUST ME, SHIT JUST GOT REAL!!!!

For those who don't remember who tf Cross is, Cross was the other enemy clan apart from Hunter.

SO, WHO IS EXCITED FOR NEXT UPDATE?

HOW MUCH DID YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER?

WERE YOU HAPPY TO SEE ASTRID BACK?

AND NEAL?

VOTE AND COMMENT :)

City of Blind ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें