1. There are more than 2000 varieties of cheese worldwide.
2. Mozzarella is the most consumed cheese.
3. An average person from Greece consumes 27.3 kg of cheese every year.
4. Pizza Hut uses 300 million pounds of cheese every year.
5. Cheese production around the globe is more than the combined production of coffee, tobacco, tea and cocoa beans.
6. In the U.S. the last week of June is National Cheese Week.
7. 10 pounds of milk is required for making cheese.
8. 20 million metric tons of cheese is produced worldwide each year.
9. Some varieties of cheese are exposed to mold to help them age properly. (Blue cheese, Gorgonzola, etc)
10. Some varieties of cheese help prevent tooth decay.
YOU ARE READING
1000 Interesting FactsRandom
Did you know that dogs don't enjoy being hugged? Did you know that an octopus has 3 hearts? Facts, facts and more facts! This book is filled with facts - 1000 of them! Read and learn! Annoy your friends and family with many "Did you knows". Facts...