1. Well-maintained trees and shrubs increase property value up to 14%.
2. A single tree can absorb one ton of carbon dioxide in its lifetime.
3. When lost it is possible to use trees to navigate you. In northern temperature climates moss will grow on the northern side of the tree.
4. Trees are able to "talk" to each other.
5. Trees are very sensitive to their environments and can get greatly stressed.
6. Areas with larger trees experienced less crime than those with small trees.
7. Trees properly placed around buildings can reduce air conditioning needs by 30%.
8. A single tree produces 260 pounds of oxygen a year.
9. The shade and wind buffering provided by trees reduces annual heating and cooling costs by 2.1 billion dollars.
10. An average American uses 750 pounds of paper every year.
YOU ARE READING
1000 Interesting FactsRandom
Did you know that dogs don't enjoy being hugged? Did you know that an octopus has 3 hearts? Facts, facts and more facts! This book is filled with facts - 1000 of them! Read and learn! Annoy your friends and family with many "Did you knows". Facts...