Chapter 2: This Hell We Call a Game

~Joy of a Neko~

Chapter 2: This Hell we Call a Game

"Sai!! Sai!!" Jalene yelled loudly.

She started shaking her shoulders. She held onto her shoulders, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

"Sai please..." She pleaded softly.

She felt numb. She looked at her sister with the nerve gear imprisoning her head. She was completely still except for her heartbeat, and her slow breathing. She felt weak and couldn't move.

"Sai..." That was the only thing she could say. She stared at her sister not moving

After a minute, Jalene sprang up and ran to her room. She got her nerve gear on and placed it on her head.

"Link start!" She yelled loudly, now determined to find out what happened.

There was a blur of colors and the screen faded white. Suddenly, Jalene appeared as Susuki again. She was where she last left her, in a hotel. She ran outside into the darkness. the streets were unusually empty, and street posts illuminated the roads.

She pulled up her menu and went to her friends list. She selected 'Yuki' and another screen appeared. A hologram of the player and their information appeared. There was Sai's avatar, level, armor, skills, and tribe. The red circle by her username signified she was offline.

"Huh...?" Susuki was confused.

She heard an incredibly loud noise and soon, she was being teleported away. She faded back into a plaza filled with thousands of players. The sky was dark and gloomy, and the players looked afraid. She heard them whisper negative things.

"Its SAO all over again!"

"I don't want to die!"

"WHAT IS THIS?!"

"There were no glitches found... so why am I here?"

"I wanna go home!"

She heard their annoyed and impatient cries for help. Was it true? Were these actions the result of imprisonment in a death game once more? The sky filled with WARNING signs, and all the exits were sealed off. Slowly, a figure appeared out of no where. He was tall and he tilted his head at am angle, with an insane grin on his face. He had short orange hair, and wore tight clothes, with a simple longsword at his side.

"Welcome children." A voice boomed. His voice was high pitched, and matched the tone of a snake. "Welcome to my... game." He said 'game' and laughed insanely.

Susuki glared at him her teeth clenched in anticipation. The fear of being stuck in the game once more.

"To some of you, this may be familiar... Doesn't this bring back... memories." He laughed again, his head back. "Oh... but no need to worry. A player will help you, and you will all be saved!" His smile faded into to an upset frown. "Not this time." He said lowly.

Susuki winced, and clenched both fist tightly, staring at the insane man before her.

"My world is perfectly impossible. You see, I have a fear of being all alone... My dream was to have friends who liked the same things as me... Now that your all here, your all my friends... You can't leave your friend here..." He grinned once more, his eyes widening. "You can try to escape, but you can't. Someone trys taking the nerve gear off, you die. Die in the game, and you die too! So its hopeless. My dream will become reality. I will create the ultimate game, where one never has to leave. You will all grow old in your bodies in real life, and die with me."

Everyone gasped. Susuki even was startled. She trembled a bit, but ended digging her nails into her palm. It bled, but she didn't care. Even her knuckles turned white, and she was sure her teeth would shatter from how hard they were clenched.

"So, when I die, its all over. You win." He smiled. "I left a present in your inventory. You know the drill. Good luck." With a wave of his sword he was gone.

Everyone opened their inventory and found an item labeled 'mirror'. Susuki took hers out and looked at it. It shined, and Susuki formed into herself. Her familiar eyes returned, and her skin became pale. Her hair was no longer silky, but still had its golden color. Her once shining blue eyes were now dull. She still had her avatars clothing and weapons.

She looked around and saw everyone in the same predicament. Some people changed drastically, and others not much. Susuki looked a bit younger now, considering she's 17.

Everyone teamed up, or left, having a plan in mind. Susuki stayed there shocked, finally releasing her fist. Her hand hurt and her nails were stained red. She breathed slowly and thought about her sister. She opened up her menu, where only two people were listed.

'Yuki'

'Miyamoto'

Her finger hovered over Miyamoto, wanting desperately to talk to someone she knew. She shook her head and tapped Yuki's name. A green circle signified she was online. She quickly messaged her.

'Where are you?!"

...

'Susuki?! Oh I was terrified... I couldn't log out to go with you and... I thought I was alone!'

...

'Teleport to me.'

....

'You shouldn't have ever logged in after me.'

She flinched when she read this words. She didn't know if she should be hurt, or if she meant that she could be saved. She frowned at the screen.

'Why...?'

...

'Then.. You could have lived. We are trapped. You heard him, its impossible. Our lives our ruined! We.. NO, YOU could have lived a normal life if you haadn't gone after me in this hell we call a game.'

...

'Why didn't you log out?! Why didn't you listen?!'

...

'I wanted a new start. To start over.'

...

Susuki had tears brimming in her eyes. Her balled both her hands into fists and resisted the tears that threatened to fall. She tried again.

...

'Teleport to me.'

...

'Okay.'

...

There was a blinding light and she appeared beside me. She immediately hugged her. She started to cry.

"I won't ever leave you again." Susuki whispered.

Yuki pulled away and nodded. She's never been through this. Susuki has. Now she's in the same predicament. Susuki hated the game maker.

"We have to train. Get stronger, and be ready." She says seriously.

"For what?"

"Anything."

~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Phew. Took me a while. My problem is that, I have all these ideas, so I start making more stories, and then I have so many unfinished stories, and I lose inspiration, and blah, blah, blah. ANYWAY, hope you enjoy this chapter~

|NazomiWriter|