XIII: Dinner

ERRORS AHEAD

I remember typing, "IF YOU DON'T LIKE HOW THE STORY GOES, REMOVE IT FROM YOUR LIBRARY AND KINDLY STOP READING IMMEDIATELY". I don't have time reading comments like "I hate Yixia", "I hate her, she's ruining other people's relationship" and such. You already know what kind of story this is, why do you keep on reading if you hate my plot? No one's forcing you to read this and I'd rather lose reads than deal with those kind of comments. So please *points out the door* help yourself while I'm asking nicely. ;)

Thanks.

--

I've been staring at my phone for almost an hour now, his message is still flashing on my screen. This is our first communication for the last six months and I don't know if I should be happy or not. His first message is about apple juice and I can't freaking believe it. Can't he even ask me on a date first?

To at least make it up to me?

Is this really all about sex?

I shook the thoughts off my head and typed a text to him before I turned my phone off.

I honestly don't like apple juice.

Which is true. I'm not really fond of apple juice, I'm more of an orange juice kind of girl although I like apples. I focused my eyes back to my laptop, trying to digest the words from a lot of emails. The next one is from the Executive Manager of Lost Paradise, he was thanking me for the positive reviews I gave Mr. Lu six months ago.

I just heard yesterday that the deal was successful, Mr. Lu is now an official investor and stockholder of Lost Paradise which means I did a great job.

Shushu was impressed by my report and I couldn't disagree because I, myself was impressed too. Maybe it's because I have a lot of memories in Lost Paradise that became my inspiration to write a better report. But Lost Paradise is seriously a paradise, I'd really go back if I'll get the chance again.

Hours passed and I barely noticed it was almost 7 PM when my secretary walked inside my office to remind me that I've been working over time for 2 hours already and she's heading home ahead of me.

Yawning, I gathered all my things and turned my laptop off. I can feel my eyelids closing as I lean against the elevator walls. No dinner tonight, I guess. I'd better sleep already once I get home.

Now that I remember, I still have a 7 AM meeting tomorrow.

For the last six months, I seemed to forget the word 'rest'. I've been a very diligent employee to Mr. Lu and an active owner of my two Coffee Cube branches. I've been really busy that I even set Lu Han aside.

Ping!

The elevator doors opened and it was time for me to step out of it. I shut my eyes hard for a second, hoping to remove the sleepiness that I'm feeling because I still have to drive myself back home.

I turned right, and was greeted by the receptionist. I was about to greet back but the words died inside my mouth as I stare at the man, sitting on one of the couches at the lobby with a bouquet of peach roses in his hand. That's definitely not for me, right?

He was wearing a black face mask, a snapback and wayfarers, I can tell that he's sleeping because his head keeps on falling off the backrest of the couch. I still know who he is, of course. But why is he here?