Chapter 1

"Daddy, should I have to stay there?" She argues while packing her things.

Her father got promoted in his job. He's been working in a huge handbag-making company as a Production Manager for five long years and got promoted to be a Senior Manager in their sister company based in Tohoku, Japan so meaning, her father has to leave the country and stay in Japan for as long as it takes. He surely doesn't wanna leave but it was a big opportunity for her father and he can't just simply turn it down. He said it was for them and her future. He was the only person she has and as a kid, she might not understand what it means but the mere fact that she trusts and loves her father so much enough for her to believe in him. Although at this early age, she doesn't understand why he has to leave when he can just stay here in the country to work. She doesn't wish anything for material things anyway. All she just want is to never be away from her father. It kinda scary to know that they will be away for a long time. This is the first time her father will leave her and it worries and scared the hell out of her.

As much as she wanted to come with her father to Japan but unfortunately she has to stay in the country and live with her father's brother- her uncle Ben. Her father wanted her to stay and study in the country while he was in Japan. She has no problem with her Uncle Ben and his wife. They were generous, sweet and she loves them both. The only thing that worried her was Elena, their daughter. Her cousin Elena doesn't like her and the feeling was mutual actually. They don't get along with each other and Elena has this selfish and arrogant attitude that she finds irritating every time. She seems always formal and does not treat her rude anyway but the fact that she doesn't like her aura and the way how she looks at her kind of intimidate her. She couldn't find a more definite reason why she doesn't like her but the bottom line is she doesn't wanna live with her uncle Ben's house because of her. She has a feeling that they will never be friends at all and that's the reason why she keeps on opposing and arguing with her Dad about living in his uncle's Been house temporally while he was away. He said she have to continue her studies and she gets it. She just doesn't understand why does she have to go and attend a school when she can be homeschooled anyway and come with him to Japan? Although she wants to meet friends in school but she can prefer homeschooling if that would mean she never has to be away from his father.

She heard her father took a deep sigh that caught her attention then seated next to her. He lovingly stares at her and his big hands softly held her small palms. His eyes show sadness and it's obvious he was restraining his tears to fall down.

Oh, my Daddy... He was tough and strong outside but inside is a mushy and a good heart.

"Listen Sunshine, I'll be leaving the country and I'll be worrying about you when no one's there to watch over you." His voice broke as he gently caresses her cheek to get her attention so she'll look into his eyes and listen carefully.

"This is the first time we will be apart and I know it will going to be really hard for you. This is going to be hard for me as well but I have to do this for your future. Your Uncle Ben is the only person I can trust to watch over you because I know that he do really cares for you. Do you understand, Sunshine?" Her father softly stated. She went silent and never bother to answer her father. She wanted to cry but she was trying hard not to.

"This is for your own sake, Sunshine. You don't want Daddy to get sad and worried about you do you?" She knew her father's voice pretending to be sulking. That's his tactic in catching her attention and made her agree to his will in the end. He knew that she loves him so much and don't want to see him sad.

"Why don't we just hire a maid to accompany me here? Besides, I'm already a big girl and I can take care of myself please, Dad..." She pleaded with puppy eyes and that's her way of convincing her father. She knew her father couldn't resist her pleading and she was hoping she'll have her Dad agree in the end.